Chapter 17

“Okay, Ms. Kim. I’ll release you today but only if you promise you won’t be alone and you stay home,” the doctor said to her the next day.

“I promise,” she said. She really wanted out of the hospital. She’d be willing to promise just about anything to get out of there.

“I’ll be with her the entire time and will make sure she doesn’t do anything to harm herself or our child,” Jinyoung said.

“Okay then Mr. Park, I’m leaving her in your care,” the doctor told him, like she was a child who didn’t know how to behave. He looked at them again before signing her release papers. Jisoo didn’t waste any time getting ready and heading for the front doors. She wasn’t happy about having to be pushed out in a wheelchair. She was sure bed rest was going to be even worse than she imagined.

Jinyoung drove them to her apartment and followed her up the stairs. He’d tried to carry her but she put her foot down. She wasn’t an invalid who couldn’t walk. He’d caved, when she agreed to walk very slowly. She gritted her teeth but walked slowly up the stairs.

As Jinyoung looked around the tiny room, he was grateful the new place would be ready soon. If they were going to be under house arrest he’d go insane being in the tiny space for too long. He had newfound sympathy for prisoners.

“Sit down and I’ll get you something to eat,” he told her. For once she actually listened, without arguing. He was off to a good start. He made her a sandwich and some soup and sat down with her on the couch while she ate.

“This is good, thank you,” she told him. She was starving, after the horrible hospital food.

“I need to talk to you about some things,” he started. She looked at him quizzically. He knew the conversation was going to be a battle and did not want to raise her blood pressure any more than necessary.

“Go ahead and spit it out,” she said with an encouraging smile.

“I bought a new home. It’s pretty close to the Jaebum's hyung." he started with.

“That’s great, you must be excited. You really don’t have to stay here and babysit me if you want to get settled in,” she told him.

“I bought the place for us,” he said, while looking her in the eye. Her cheeks flushed and her eyes widened in shock. He had to remember to keep calm, so not to raise her blood pressure. He was going to be firm but he could keep his temper in check.

“I…you…we aren’t a couple,” she sputtered at him.

“Jisoo, baby, we are a couple. We’re sexually compatible. We enjoy being together and to top all that off, we’re having a child. We will get married but I’m willing to give you more time to get used to that. But you’re on doctor’s orders to not be alone and for complete bed rest. This place is too small for two people to stay in comfortably so it makes sense for you to move in with me now,” he told her.

“I’m fine in my own place,” she told him, as she crossed her arms over her chest. Jinyoung blew out a breath of frustration. He knew she was going to be difficult but it still frustrated him.

“Look, I don’t want to be a jerk, Jisoo but you’re not safe here, which means my child isn’t safe. Are you so selfish you’d endanger our child for the sake of your pride?” he asked her. He watched her suck in a breath in shock. He wanted to take the words back but he needed to get her to move and he couldn’t figure out any other way other than force. He really didn’t want to go down that road.

“I love my child, Jinyoung,” she finally said to him.

“I know you do Jisoo and that was a crappy thing to say, I’m sorry. How about a compromise? You’re going to be on bed rest for a while, most likely the rest of your pregnancy,” he said. She gave him the courtesy of at least listening to him. “Stay with me until after the baby is born so I can help take care of you. If we haven’t managed to work things out by then, we can reassess our situation. You know this apartment is far too small for a baby anyway,” he tried to reason with her.