Christmas

After the therapy session, Bobby and Raven's marriage has been on a break and every day it seems to get more and more difficult to be distant from each other.

Raven stayed at their multi-million mansion in the hills. When he got home he noticed how quiet and abandoned the house was. He knew the house was going to be empty but this was too much for him. He wanted to go to Bobby's place in Sandy Shores and tell him "to come back home", but he was too stubborn to do it.

As the holidays were getting closer Bobby hoped that Zelda would go to both him and Raven homes to celebrate Christmas. Bobby was looking forward to having his first Christmas as a family, but now he wished that Zelda could have a decent Christmas. He felt guilty for putting Zelda in an awkward situation.

Bobby was up late in the Sheriff 's Office in Sandy Shores, and he was finishing up some last-minute paperwork. He checked the time on his phone.

"SHIT!" Bobby shrieked. "It's almost Christmas, I need to buy gifts soon." he sighed. He got lost in his thoughts:

Okay, Christmas can work! Raven and I can be adults, Zelda doesn't have to worry about our marriage. I'll get the family gifts, make my mom's cheesecake and everything will go smoothly.

Bobby's phone rang, startling him out of his thoughts, Zelda was calling.

"Hello, Zelda!" he answered

"Dad?" Zelda spoke quietly.

"Yes, Honey?" Bobby replied.

"After Christmas will you and dad be back to normal?" Zelda asked.

"Sweetheart, I — I don't know" he stuttered "You know Zelda, I'm not going to lie to you. Raven and I are going through a rough moment right now."

She mumbled, "I know that. I just..." silence filled the air.

" I just wanted a family Christmas. I know you and dad aren't good currently. I was expecting that you and dad would need one day apart from each other and then everything would go back to normal." she sniffled.

He comforted Zelda, "I know it's a lot and it's not your fault. It's just hard, I love your dad, you know that. Sometimes I — I" he paused,

"I'm just a fucking idiot! It's my fault that we aren't good. He honestly deserves someone better." Bobby sobbed, "We are supposed to be happy and enjoying the holidays together, but look what I did, I just separated the family. I couldn't just let it go, I had to get an answer. I should've been more trusting."

Zelda interrupted "Dad that's not true! It just means that you truly love Raven. I'm sorry I brought it up I just..."

"Zelda it's okay, I guess I needed to vent a little bit." Bobby suggested, "I know that Raven and I are rocky right now, but I think we can be adults and work with each other, and can have a nice Christmas as a family, and ignore what happened in therapy for the night."

"Really!?!" Zelda exclaimed cheerfully "you'd do that for me?" she doubted.

"Honey, I would do anything for you," Bobby stated "I'm not going to let our arguments get in the way of Christmas. Um... Who should call him, me of you?"

Zelda encouraged "I think you should call him. You guys need to talk, it's been a while since you last talked to each other and maybe you guys can sort something out. Okay bye dad, love you and see you at Christmas!" she ended the call.

Bobby stared at his contact list for what seemed like minutes but was only seconds away. He inhaled and exhaled thinking about what to say to Raven, he picked up his phone and called "Hubby <3" on his contacts list. The phone rang and rang and rang and there was a moment of silence.