Pilot

No one's POV

It has been two weeks since Calamity Ganon perished away, sealed for another 1000 years by Link's master sword. Guardians had been restored to Zelda's order, monster numbers cut in half and Zelda was finally free to grace the world. Link and Zelda were making their way around each major kingdom starting at Goron city greeting Bludo. They then traveled to Gerudo to see Riju who Zelda had now become quite fond of. For the third stop, the undefeated duo arrived to Rito village where Link introduced Zelda to the upcoming Rito champion, Teba. Zelda spent the first few days training Teba to use Vah Medoh, the Ritz's divine beast. Instantly, the two fell hard for each other spending more and more time together. Link was overjoyed for the pair as this was everything that he'd ever wanted for his best friend.

Zelda's POV

On our travel around each huge kingdom, we spent exactly a week and 4 days at each stop however, it has now been a week and 5 days inside Rito Village. I have really fallen for Teba. Teba has been somewhat attached to me during this week as he has recently split with his wife Saki due to a lost love. I heard rumors that it was he who had lost the ability to love but it is very clear to me that this man was very passionate with her and now especially passionate about me. I don't think I will make it to Zora's domain in time, I want to spend the rest of my life with this man.

2 days later

Link's POV

We have been here for two whole weeks. Zelda is most definitely head over heels for Teba and I couldn't be happier for her. Before Calamity, Zelda and I made a promise to one another. Something I think about often.

~~ We sat on her bed with the canopy closed. I'm wearing black fluffy pajamas and she sat opposite me wearing matching white fluffy Pajamas. She looked up to me, a tear in her eye, "Link? Promise me that we will always find each other. You will never leave me alone and I will never leave you alone." I looked up to her, tears now streaming down my cheeks, "I promise." She pulled me into a hug and I nestled my forehead into her shoulder. We eventually fell asleep.In the morning, I woke up and she was gone. Today is the day the champions, Zelda and I will fight Ganon- ~~

I'm brought back to the present, hearing the gentle humming come from behind me. Zelda and I sat on the floor, Zelda behind me with her legs stretched out either side of me. Braiding feathers into my hair to match her own, "Zelda?" I mumbled. "Yes Link? Am I pulling too tight?" I shook my head and waited for her to finish the last braid. It was so detailed and colorful. I turned around to meet her gaze, she tilted her head in confusion. "I'm going to give you time with Teba and continue the journey to Zora's Domain." She looked at me with clouded blue eyes. "But I only just got back to you! We haven't had enough time!" She exclaimed. I brushed a strand of her hair away from her face and behind her ear, "you can catch up with me when you are ready to leave. Maybe you can even bring Teba with you." She stood from the floor and paced around the small room which was covered in traditional Rito curtains. We couldn't leave them open, we'd be too cold otherwise. "I suppose that could work. What will you do without me? I know you've been there before but I wouldn't want you to feel uncomfortable!" She stated, her volume increasing with each sentence. "Trust me" I began, "I have something in mind."

With that I packed my bag and hoisted it onto my back. I went to hug Zelda good by and Teba patted be on the back with his soft white wings. Gosh I'm jealous. Teba is a pearl. "Goodbye Link, travel safe and don't take on any monsters. It's best to leave them alone." I waved goodbye to the happy couple and selected a shrine close to the Zora bridge. I didn't want to arrive directly into the domain. I wanted to take in as much as I could before I resided in the palace. With that, blue light formed around me and I could no longer feel Zelda's hand.

I arrived safely downstream from Zora's domain. I then put my Sheikah slate into my back pack and sent it to the Domain's shrine directly so I could swim upstream. I watched in dissolve into the blue light, taking my only clothes with it and I dived into the the river wearing only a pair of blue compression shorts. 'Shit!' I thought. I needed my Zora armor to swim with ease. I groaned in frustration and pushing myself to swim further upstream, using all my energy to do so as I was fighting the current.

An hour went by and the Domain was now in sight. I'm heavily out of breath and my arms have begun to ache. 'I should have just walked.' I thought to myself. Though I know when I set out to do something, I always finish it. I looked up to the sky to notice the fading orange that swirled with the twilight purple. Night fall was upon us which meant it was dangerous for an inexperienced swimmer like myself to be out in the river alone at night. From behind me I heard a round object rise from the water only to splash back down again. 'That's strange.' I thought but soon enough a large rock landed just short behind me. I turned to see a large size Octorok leap again from the air this time catapulting a rock directly at my chest. I gasped for air and began to sink into the deep blue water, letting out a squeal. I tried to push to small boulder off of me but I was already weak from the swimming and couldn't muster the power to. My back crashed into the sea floor as I looked directly to the surface of the water. I knew that I couldn't free myself as I let my vision blur falling to an unconscious state. The last thing I saw before passing out was long red objects reaching towards me. I then let myself expire, praying to Hylia that she would bring me back to Zelda.