Just the Way You Are...

Y/N woke to the sound of knocking on her door. She quickly jumped up and grabbed her robe then finger combed her hair as she hurried down the stairs.

"Just a minute...", she squeaked in her morning voice.

She glanced through the peephole but all she could see was flowers. Y/N grinned and bit her lip then opened the door.

"Hello?"

Hoseok peeked from behind the large bouquet of flowers and smiled that adorable heart shaped smile that made her melt!

"Good morning, ang-"

Hoseok stopped mid sentence when he noticed her still mussed hair and bathrobe...his eyes widened.

Even in this state, she was so beautiful and it literally stopped him dead in his tracks!

Y/N blushed a bright pink, looked down and began to fidget with the sash of her robe.

"S-Sorry, I...I just woke up. I guess I must look pretty awful, huh??"

Hoseok shook himself out of his trance like state and reached to cup her chin. He gently tilted her head up so her eyes met his.

"Actually...I think you look pretty amazing.", he said breathlessly.

All at once Y/N's heart began to beat wildly as she stared into Hoseok's warm, chocolate eyes.

"Meow!!"

The sound snapped her back into the moment and she looked down to see Pumpkin staring up at her as if to say...

"Invite him in, stupid!"

"Oh, uhh...I'm sorry, please come in!"

Hoseok entered the cabin and Y/N closed the door behind him.

While his back was still turned, Y/N nervously tried to flatten down her unruly hair as he walked into the living room.

They stood there for a moment, not speaking, an awkward silence settling around them, Hoseok still clutching the bouquet of flowers.

"Umm...the flowers are really pretty."

"Oh, shit...uh, sorry... These are for you!"

Y/N took them from him and brought them up to her nose. She closed her eyes as she inhaled their fragrance. It was a simple bouquet of bright orange and golden chrysanthemums, burgundy dianthus and black-eyed susans all tied together with twine.

"They're beautiful! You didn't have to do this, Hoseok."

Hoseok nervously rubbed his neck.

"Well, to be honest, I didn't actually buy them. They all grow in my backyard. I guess the woman who lived here before loved to garden. I noticed them this morning when I looked out my kitchen window and thought of you..."

Y/N's heart swelled at his words.

"Y-You mean, you picked them...just for me?"

Her words fell to almost a whisper...

Something about that simple gesture made her heart fill with a warmth like never before. She sniffed them once more and smiled widely.

"Y-Yeah...I would have bought you roses but the florist is closed on Sundays and I..."

Hoseok was quickly quieted when Y/N's lips met his. He gasped at the suddenness of it but then kissed her back, wrapping his arms around her waist.

Y/N pulled back quickly and covered her mouth.

"Sorry...I haven't even brushed my teeth yet!"

Hoseok laughed loudly and kissed her forehead but then his voice dropped low.