~10~Leap of Faith~

(Quick A/N- This basically answers the cliffhanger of chapter 8. So we're back to real time now since last chapter was a flashback.)

Logan flinched as he felt a hand go on his shoulder.

Apparently, help had arrived.

"Hey, Logan, you good?"

Logan looked up to see one of his recently new friends, Roman.

The two of them had exchanged numbers when going to get mail at the same time a bit back, and had been texting for a while.

"Oh, hello, Roman. Yes, I'm alright."

Roman sits down next to Logan. "You sure? I don't think someone who was holding their head in their hands like that is alright."

Logan sighed. "Well.. I don't know."

They stayed silent until Logan decided to break the recent news to Roman.

"So.. I am moving back out to Florida."

Roman blinked, surprised. "You're leaving? But you just got here! And Patton really likes having you around, ya know."

"Yes.. he does." Logan blushed slightly, sighing. "And I do like being around him. But I must go."

"Logan, what's stopping you from staying?"

Logan blinked. "I.. so many things! Like.. I have a job out there-"

"There are plenty of jobs here." Roman cut him off.

Logan sighed. "Well.. I already have living arrangements set up in Florida-"

"You still have an apartment right now."

Roman raised an eyebrow at Logan, who kept thinking.

"And.."

Logan kept thinking. Were those two easily-solved things the only things stopping him from staying?

...

"..I don't know. But I can't stay. I have to go back to Florida. I just.. have to."

"Logan, you need to just kinda.." Roman sighed. "take a leap of faith on this one. Just trust me on this one. I.. when I realized that that's what I needed to do to solve an issue I had, my life got so much better."

Logan thought for a few moments longer, before sighing and standing up.

"Well.. I suppose I will think about it. In the meantime, I'll see you around, Roman."

Roman stood up, too. "See you."

•~~~~•~~~~•

Logan got back to his apartment, and quickly got inside.

He sat down on his couch, sighing loudly and leaning back.

"What an.. interesting day." He mumbled to himself.

He looked out the window just in time to see snow start to fall. He smiled gently to himself, it was a sight he hadn't seen in a very long time. Snow was something he used to enjoy in the past, when he lived here as a child.

..As a child. That's all this town is to him, his childhood home town. Nostalgia. And that is all it ever will be.

Patton's face suddenly flashed in Logan's mind- making him think back to today, in the bakery.

That was the second time something romantic almost happened between them.

..and if Logan wasn't careful, it wouldn't be the last.

He took his phone out from his pocket, and called his landlord.

He needed to make sure the apartment was to be sold after he left.

•~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~•

Hhhh I'm sorry for another short chapter ;-; (ALSO, #9 IN LOGICALITY?! WHAT?!?!)

..But I promise you that the next one will be very long

That doesn't mean it will necessarily make you happy (oops), it's just gonna be long

See ya soon! 🐶🤖