Stolen Heart

It was late in the evening when Loki finally returned to his chambers. He had spent the last few hours catching up with his childhood friend and learning the chapters of her story that he hadn't yet been privy to.

"He was a total brute to say the least and he made me miss home all the more."

Loki laughed as Grace told the story of her ex fiancé. "How did it end?"  He asked with a smile. Her story had been an eventful one so far.

Graces face slowly fell and her gaze went to her hands. There was a silent moment before she plucked up the bravery to continue. "The night before I was to be betrothed to him...he snuck into my chambers. I was asleep and my maidens had been dismissed for the evening..."
she stopped and looked at Loki, as if asking for permission to continue. Loki nodded and offered Grace his hand as a comfort to her. She gratefully took it and let a deep breath into her lungs. "I awoke to his gravely voice in my ear and my hands unable to be free of his..." Grace kept her gaze low and prayed that Loki wouldn't ask her to further explain.

Loki's smile faded as he realized what had happened that night. His heart broke at the thought that while he was busy building up his greed and lust for power, his best friend was being violated by one that should have loved her the most. "Grace I'm terribly sorry..." he looked up at her. "That should never have happened to you."  

"It came to a quick end to say the least, one of my servants interrupted and caught him, freeing me...he had come to tell me my father had passed....it seems that even in death my father was able to protect me." She put a gentle pressure on Loki's hands and looked up at the stars as she tried to keep the tears from falling.

The princes heart ached for his friend and he pulled her into a hug, just to allow her the feeling of being safe and cared for, a feeling it seems that she had been deprived of for a very long time. Grace buried her face in his shoulder and let her silent tears fall. He gently smoothed her hair down and hushed her softly. "You are home now... and you are not forgotten anymore." 

Loki shut the door to his room and smiled when he saw a lump under his blankets. It was a common occurrence for Seth to fall asleep in his bed when she was waiting for him. "Oh little queen." He slipped off his boots and hung his vest over the chair. He smiled softly as he walked over to the bed.
The peace and joy in his heart quickly changed to panic when he pulled away the blanket only to realize that the child there was no more then a pulled and crumpled sheet. He went quickly to his daughters room...the bed was made. Loki's chest tightened with horror. This is what he had been so afraid of. He hurried to his mothers wing and knocked with a panicky speed upon her door. "Mother?! Mother please open the door is Seth with you?!" The seconds seemed like hours as he heard his mother's hasty footsteps approach the door.

"Loki darling I've only just gotten into my room! What ever could be the matter?" Frigga's brow creased with worry as her son's panic burst through her door. She had never seen him like this in all her life. He brushed passed her and started to search. "Mother I sent her to you hours ago, tell me she's with you!"
Frigga's face turned white. Her heart stopped and Loki's fear became her own.  "My son I haven't seen her since breakfast this morning." Frigga confessed. Loki's heart dropped, his worst fear coming true. "Lyna."

This couldn't be happening. How could he be so careless! He should never have let her out of his sight. Loki turned around on the spot and called out. "GAURDS" He sounded the alarm and headed straight to the prisons.
The whole way there his mind was racing. He had no idea what Lyna wanted with the girl. He didn't know if Seth was more valuable to her alive or dead! And that's what terrified him the most. Lyna had no love in her heart, not for him or anyone else, which meant she could be capable of anything. When he finally arrived at the prisons he hurried down the stone steps, hoping beyond hope that Lyna's grimacing face would be there to meet him. But to his horror, Lyna's cell was empty.

Time seemed to stop. His daughter was in the hands of a monster. And only Valhalla knew how long they had been gone.  The room seemed to go dark around him as reality dazed out of view. His whole world was going blank. She was all he had to live for and she was gone.

"Loki..."

"Loki!"

"LOKI!!"

Loki sucked in a breath as his brother pulled him up by his shoulders. He looked into Thor's eyes, anger and fear storming in his mind.

Thor could tell that his brother was entering a dark place. Seth had been his life line, and like it or not, Loki still struggled to believe that anyone cared for him. Without her he felt rejected. "Brother we will find her I promise." Thor didn't know if his words would make much difference.

Loki glared at his brother and pushed him away. "Don't promise that." He hissed, the last thing he needed was Thor's hollow oath. "I should have had her executed. I should have kept my promise and killed her."

Loki was beginning to alarm his brother. Y'all like that lead down a very destructive path, and that path didn't have much of a way out. "Loki you didn't kill her because you aren't the man you once were." Thor watched his brother carefully, understanding that he had just lost his anchor.

Loki turned and faced his brother. "If a hair on Seth's head is harmed, if that woman poisons her in even the slightest." His tone was dangerous and low. His fury was unmatched in this moment.

"Hush now darling we are almost there." Seth looked up at who she thought was her grandmother and nodded. She had been told that there was a surprise for her, but they had to go on a trip to get to it, an adventure.

"When is Papa joining us?" Seth asked.

"Oh soon love. Soon."

Lyna finally had what she came for.

Her child.

A/N: I hope you are enjoying! Vote, comment and share! Feedback would be awesome!!!