The Truth is Stranger Than Fiction

*Green's P.O.V.*
Blue sat crying on a chair at the Pokemon Fan Club. I felt horrible after hearing what I had done. I didn't know what had happened inside that tower. What had actually happened? I only remembered blacking out.
We were allowed to stay at the fan club over night because we missed curfew at the Pokemon Center and were locked out. Blue's cries only made me feel worse. Why did I do those terrible things?
"If it makes you feel any better, I got another ribbon," Leaf said. She was trying to lighten the mood.
"You fucking, self absorbed, asshole son of a bitch. Do you think I care about your shitty contests? Red only enters to make it to the finals and let you win! And you are just a slut who is too much of a retarded bastard to realize all of the shit you've done wasn't accomplished on your own!" Blue's words were harsh. They were so hurtful, Leaf looked to Red for the truth.
Red frowned and let his head face the ground. What Blue said was true. Leaf's teary eyes released the dam it had built, letting the flooded river rush away. She put her arm to her eyes so we couldn't see her cry and she walked away.
"Leaf, wait," Red called to her. She ignored him, exiting the building. He fell to the ground, probably regretting what he did. I followed Leaf.
*Leaf's P.O.V.*
How could he? I thought Red joined the contests to have fun with me, but in actuality, he made me live my dream as a fraud. Why did he do that? Was he ever going to tell me? Fuck him!
I could feel a mix of so many emotions. I was upset, angry, heartbroken, vulnerable, everything. How could anyone hurt this bad? I stood under the black sky letting my emotions poor from my eyes.
Something tugged on my leg warmer. I looked down to see a Charmeleon. Not any Charmeleon, though. It was Green's Charmeleon. I wiped leaky emotions of my eyes and picked up the lizard Pokemon.
"You okay?" I turned to see Green. I looked back at the Charmeleon in my arms, ignoring him. "Don't do this. You don't need to ruin that bond you have with him.
"Then Red shouldn't have been a fucking jerk!"
"Woah. I thought you didn't like to cuss. This must be serious."
"You think? I hate Red!"
"Well that's the first I've ever heard of someone not liking him, let alone hating him. But you don't hate him, Leaf."
"You don't know what's it's like for someone to break your heart!"
It went silent. I wasn't crying anymore. Clouds stirred in the dark sky.
"I do know." I only stared at Green with no response. "I only know because both you and Red broke my heart."
"I broke it?"
"When you told me that you wanted to be with Red back in Viridian City."
I did. I totally rejected Green. I'm the jerk. "I'm sorry," I said in realization.
"Don't get down. It's okay. What Ref did was wrong, but at least his heart was set in the right place. He wasn't doing it to humiliate you, but because he loves you. He wanted your dream to come true."
I felt a drop of water hit my nose. I looked up at the black sky. "Water," I said.
"You felt it too?" I nodded. "Here..." Green took an umbrella from the crate next to the door labeled "Free Umbrellas" and opened it. "How's that?"
With that, the rain started to pour. Green was smiling at me. His warm expression made me smile back.
"Are you going to forgive Red?" he asked. I shook my head. "Why not?"
"Maybe if I know that he really loves me. But until then, I might give you a shot." Green blushed at my answer. I held Charmeleon closer between us so he could better avoid getting wet.
"You like me?" Green asked with his eyes wide. I nodded.
Just then, Red ran through the door of the fan club shouting, "We have to go back to the Pokemon Tower!"