Chapter One; She's Kinda Hot Though

Perrie Edwards

Leigh-Anne Pinnock. NSHS's cheerleading veteran and now the cheer captain. Born October fourth and a proud Libra. Truth is, I had never talked to the girl. Everyone knew these things about her, I'm not insane. I knew her ever since grade one, yeah, a long time. We had seen each other in the hallways but not once have we spoke. Today felt like the only opportunity I had to interact with the tanned girl. She was beautiful, popular, sweet, and funny. Not only popular at school, but popular in general. She was a singer, with one million followers on Instagram, but still did school, since she cared about her education. Or so I assumed.

Me? I was just a sort of popular and stupid blonde. Last year, I only passed becuase I made a pact with the head mistress. I told her that I would make sure to pass this entire year. I had no clue how I would do that.

That was until I walked into first period and saw Leigh-Anne Pinnock sitting at a desk. I contemplated on whether or not I should sit down next to her. I quickly scanned the classroom and every other seat was filled. Are you serious? We had to have been the biggest class or this school was on a budget.

I realized there was one other seat that wasn't taken. I didnt know what to do, so I just stood there and froze. I heard footsteps.

"Can I sit here?"

"Are you good at maths?"

"Yeah, I'm pretty good at it!"

The bronze British teen said something that I couldn't hear, which was mainly because my head was in the clouds. They actually were. Because I had fallen on top of a table, at least that's what it felt like. I hit my head on the marble and my eyes rolled into the back of my head.

All I saw was black.

"Holy shit!"

I woke up from my short lasting trance, glancing around the classroom. Dark eyes and long flowing hair was hovering above me. It was her. I began to panic internally and struggled to keep myself from frantically pacing around the room. That what I usually did when I was scared or nervous and right now I was both.

Because all my life I wanted to impress Leigh-Anne.

She was a popular girl and a sweet one at that. I always smiled at the thought of her and figured that she would make a great friend. The only issue was that I never had the amount of courage to tell myself to walk up to her and speak. I had anxiety. On top of so many other issues.

I relaxed my body but still breathing heavily due to the startle. The light-skin chuckled and simply turned away for a moment. Then she looked back at me and smiled. It seemed to be a smile of relief, but I couldn't tell. I could only wish that she was relieved that I was alive. I mean, she wouldn't even know if I were ever dead.

"Leigh-Anne Pinnock. And you are?" She asked me and stuck out her hand, clearly for me to shake.

I just stared at her, probably with a creepy grin on my face. I was so excited that she even spoke a few words to me. All of my other classmates just stared at me like I was dead. Leigh-Anne clearly thought that I need help, which I did, so she grabbed me by my hand and yanked me.

I stumbled but managed to keep my balance and I heard her whisper an apology.

"Perrie Edwards." I finally managed to say and looked up at her beautiful smile. Her teeth glistened and her eyes twinkled beautifully. She was a gorgeous girl, I always had to admit. Everyone knew she was beautiful. Her hair flowed down her back gracefully, but, her natural hair looked best on her.

"Alright, enough with this... ritual. Get to a seat. Now." The cranky teacher ordered us.

Leigh-Anne slyly rolled her eyes and strutted back to her desk, sharp heels clicking the ground. She was sassy but sweet. That was the best part of her. I rubbed the back of my head, still aching, then shuffled back to my seat. I soon realized that seat was right next to hers when she turned to smile at me.

"Alright class, this is maths. I don't really like it and I don't know why I am a maths teacher. Just get out your computers and do something. I don't really care if you fail or pass. Tests are every week. I'm quitting at the end of the term."

The entire class giggled. some sighed, many rolled their eyes. At least the teacher was being honest. A teacher that didn't care would make passing this class much easier. We could cheat easily. That's one class down, three more to go.

I sunk deep into my thoughts before I felt a nudge on my shoulder.

"Perrie," Leighanne whispered my name, "since we have tests every week you can just help me study throughout the week. Then we'll know the material so if cheating fails us, we can still pass. Perrie is it?"

"Yes, my name's Perrie. That's a great idea, we'll study here?"

"I don't know, wherever you want, just as long as I pass."

"Alright!"

I was honestly beyond excited. I would get to spend one on one time with Leighanne Pinnock. It didn't really matter too much but she was still absolutely perfect. She was hot, sassy, smart, and caring. I didn't have any of those traits.

I pulled out my computer, sat it down on the desk and logged in. I then pulled out my phone and sat it in front of the computer screen, hiding it. Leighanne pulled out her phone blatantly and turned to me.

"What's your number?" she whispered.

I read out the string of numbers I had memorized, in a desperate attempt to not explode. She smiled, letting me know that she had it and slid her phone back into her pocket. I simply started at her speechlessly.

"You there Edwards?" She waved a hand in front of me and I blinked.

"Yeah, sorry." I replied, thinking about how pathetic that was.

Why did I worry so much, I was sort of popular as well. Just not the same level but I was still up there. Who was I kidding, Leighanne was famous. I was just a school girl who had some friends that were awful.

The bell rang and Leighanne stood up, picking up her bag and throwing it on her shoulder.

"See you around, Perrie." She said and stood waiting for a response. All I could do was stare. She looked confused before I finally came to say something.

"See you later, Leighanne."

"Just call me Leigh."

She then walked off and I finally collected myself, dashing out of the door.

God that was one beautiful girl.