Chapter 12: A Snake in our Midst

If Dean had actuay been watching Reyna right before she had disappeared, he would have discovered two things:

One, Reyna was most definitely not working with Onith.

Two, Onith was way more powerful than they could have imagined.

Alas, Dean was too occupied with the Impala to notice that Reyna was struggling with an invisible source right before Mallory came trotting back from the washroom. She had a pained look on her face and was concentrating immensely, sweating and breathing heavily. Her eyes were closed and she was silently willing herself to have enough power to resist this force.

Also, as it seemed to be the Winchester's unlucky day, they revved the impala just as Reyna gave a little squeak to alert them that she was in trouble. What a way to start the day.

Reyna was battling a force that seemed to be pulling her away from them. She did, in fact, have every intention to stay, and mentally told the force so, but no matter how hard she pushed to stay, it pushed just a little bit harder. To make matters worse, nobody could see her struggling.

Finally, the force overtook her resistance and swept her away.

It looked like she had teleported with her own free will, but they were all quite wrong. When Reyna appeared in this new place, probably deep underneath San Antonio in a mildewy dank sewer, she came face-to-face with something that made her demon blood run cold. Something with very red eyes.

Onith.

The very same Onith she had blasted in his cage.

And he looked... intrigued?

"So, we meet at last. My little rebel. The only one, it seems. Hello." He extended a hand to Reyna, who, though exhausted her power, frowned at it like it was a particularly ugly cockroach.

"Ah. Of course. You can't move. My apologies." Onith took his hand away, and Reyna discovered she could not move. Things are just getting better, she thought.

"Would you like something to drink? Perhaps, herbal tea? Warm milk? Ginger-infused cow blood?" asked Onith politely, wandering over to a table where a multitude of jars were stacked. Most of the contents looked like things nobody ever needed to know about. He grabbed a jar with some thick, milky green fluid in it and opened it, sipping courteously.

Reyna opened her mouth, the only thing she could actually move, and spat. "Why am I here?"

Onith chuckled. "Many reasons."

"Well, just cut to the chase and let me go. This is pretty uncomfortable."

Onith chuckled louder. "Oh, my darling Reyna, you think I'm going to just let you go?  I'm sorry, but your assumption is a bit far-fetched. So is your mental image of me. See, I can do much more than normal demons. I have this knack of... hurting them."

He twisted his hand, and Reyna's wrist broke, inflicting her first feeling of pain in eight years. The previous times she had been cut, bruised, scraped, banged, or slashed it had healed without a drop of pain. She had to admit, the feeling was alien and felt like her wrist was on fire, then being stabbed repeatedly, then sawed off her forearm. Not a good feeling.

"And," Onith continued, ambling slowly around the table, "I also have items that can do the same. You see, you, Reyna, are a disease. The more demons and people you infect, the harder it is for me to get my plan along seamlessly. So, I need to enact the counter-virus. The immune system, if you please." His long-fingered hand curled around the sheath of a small blade. He took a large container, fitted it loosely around the edge of the hilt, and picked the blade up carefully. The handle had a devil's trap carved on it, as did the blade. Both looked to have been doused in holy water. Onith walked up to Reyna, who was looking defiant but shaking as much as her invisible bonds would allow, and took a large inhale.