Chapter 1

Leila's P.o.v.

Beep Beep Beep!

The sound of my alarm clock rang through my ears, leaving me to wake up with the bright sun rays. 'Damn it, why couldn't school let me have longer sleep?' I thought tiredly.

Today was the start of something new. My new hell. I had been transferred to a new high school, all my other friends were going to different schools. It was just my luck to be separated from my friends. I apparently wasn't a social girl, my friends were the only people to help me socialize. Now that they are gone, my new high school years are probably gonna be some of the worst years of my life.

I dragged myself over to my closet, opening it with a creak. I flipped through the shirts and jeans, and picked out something nice, but simple. 'I wonder if this would look good on me?' I hurried to my mirror, and changed into my outfit. I wore a dark blue shirt with a black jacket, and gray jeans. 'Looks good,' I thought.

I quickly put on my contacts, and rushed down the stairs. A sweet aroma filled the air, coming from the kitchen. I looked over to see my mother and younger brother, Jonathan. "Already up, I see. I made your breakfast if you haven't noticed." My mother pointed to the table, my plate right next to my brothers.

I went over to sit down, and began to eat my breakfast. "You know, mom, this is the first time I saw Leila up this early. She might fall asleep in class," Jonathan remarked.

I lightly punched him on the arm. "Shut up, I have to leave earlier than you, remember?" Instead of him shutting up, he giggled.

"Even your punches are light, what happened to you?" He smirked, shaking his head. "Maybe I found a new weakness."

I narrowed my eyes at him. "I can make my punches heavier, if you want." I saw his eyes widen, and the corner of my mouth lifted a little. "I suggest you shut up now while you can."

"Alright you two, now that's enough," my mother interrupted. "Leila, your brother is only twelve. He's younger than you and you should set an example for him."

"Well it's hard having to deal with an annoying brother," I huffed. I ate my last bite, and went over to pick up my backpack. "Gotta go, mom. Don't want to be late for school, ya know?"

My mother just nodded, and I headed out the door. 'Well, looks like I'm actually going,' I thought. 'If I heard correctly, the school should be over here.'

The sound of my feet hitting the pavement was the only thing I could hear but the soft sound of the wind. The houses looked dark, almost empty. I guess that's what you would expect from the early morning in this neighborhood.

The sun had only just started to come up, warming my backside. The once chilly air became warmer, a relief for me. "I wonder what will be in store for me?" I looked up to the dark blue sky, wondering what my years of high school would be like.

My thoughts were soon interrupted by a car driving slowly up to me. "Hey emo!" I whipped around, seeing a blonde girl in the car with what seemed like her friends. "Yeah, I'm talking to you! Wondering about how depressing life is, looking up there? Are you expecting something to just pick you up and take you to happiness? Well guess what, not happening while your here! Emo bitch!" The car sped off, her and her friends laughing with it.

'What the hell is her problem? Am I going to have to put up with that?' I shook my head angrily. 'Im not even emo. Just because I'm wearing black doesn't mean I am!' I continued to walk off, thinking about how I should stay away from her.

At last, I reached the school. It wasn't too bad, it was actually nice. The front was nice and open, and some people were already outside talking to one another. Lucky them.

I went inside and went toward the office to receive my schedule. "Hello, I'm here to receive my schedule." I said politely.

"Name," the attendant said without looking up.

"Leila Heiberger." Just as I said my name the attendant put it to my face.

"You can go now," she said impatiently.

I just gave a quick nod and went toward my given locker. I put in the combination and put in my binders and books, except for the ones I was going to need for first period. "Let's see, what do I have first... Great, math. Well this is going to be fun!" I rolled my eyes. "Anything else that's my weakness at my first periods?" I looked through them as I walked throughout the hall, and one caught my eye. "Well gym is fourth period. That's not too bad." I folded my schedule into my pocket and went down to math class. 'Lets see what this school has in store for me.'

_____

Alright, slackers, now listen up! I want you to be warmed up for this, chumps, so give me five laps around the track! Move it, go!"

"Keep those feet moving, or I'll make you do another lap!"

"Hey hey hey, too slow! Keep moving!"

"Get up, off the ground!"

"Hustle hustle!"

I panted for breath, my lungs screaming and my muscles aching. "What is up with this, I thought we were going to do some stretches or something!" I breathed.

"Finally someone who thinks the same!"

I turn my head back, seeing a tanned girl with long brown hair in a braid running up to me. "Is it just me or is this a bit too much?"

"It's not just you, it's me as well," I huffed. "I thought we were going to stretches or some shit, but nope! Running!"

The girl shook her head. "Yeah. I'm not much of a runner to be honest. What's your name?" She asked.

I smiled. "Leila, Leila Heiberger." I held out a hand.

The girl took my hand and shook it. "I'm Lily, Lily Singh."

A whistle blew throughout the outside. "Alright, come on back in! It's time for the next thing off our list!"

I gave Lily a confused look, and we followed the rest of the class inside. We all formed a group, the coach at the front. "Today we are going to be playing a sport of some of my favorites. Basketball." She held up a basketball. "I want this left side to be a team, and I want this right side to be a team. Get into to your positions!"

Lily and I had gone to our spots, looking around nervously. "Are you good at basketball?" She asks.

I gave a nervous nod. "I guess," I say.

"Well it looks like we're going to need it," she replied.

I looked around to see who I was facing. They didn't look as intimidating as I thought I would, thankfully. I started to look around some more when I met eyes with someone who I wished was not here.

It was the girl who had called me emo.