Pilot: Part One

FADE IN:
INT. BASEMENT TEST ROOM OF THE V.I.U. - DAY
Opens on a darkly lit room where Dex and Lee are sitting at a table, facing each other, both holding two cards.

LEE
(looks up from her cards and narrows her eyes)
Are you ready Dex? This next move can change the whole situation.

DEX
(looks up from his cards and grins)
Bring it on. There's no way you'll beat me.

The cards that are already on the table are the ten of spades, the five of hearts, the queen of spades, the seven of spades, and the jack of spades.
Suspenseful pause before Lee flashes her cards to Dex, revealing the nine of spades and the eight of spades.

LEE
(smiling smugly)
Straight Flush! What'cha gonna say about that?

Dex groans and lightly bangs his head on the table. As Lee reaches for the skittles in the middle of the table, Dex holds his hands up to stop her.

DEX
Hold up there, look at this.

Dex set his cards on the table. The king of spades and the Ace of spades. Lee looks at the card for a brief moment before she hits the table in frustration, throwing her cards down as well.

LEE
Aw come on! I was so close!

DEX
(Slides the skittles off the table and into the ziplock bag he brought)
Better luck next time.

LEE
(while collecting the cards)
Yeah, yeah. Lucky game for you.

DEX
Luck had nothing to do with it.

Dex stands up and holds his hand out to shake Lee's.

DEX
Good game Lee.

LEE
(Grins and stands up herself, shaking Dex's hand)
Good game Dex.

Dex and Lee walk over to the elevator and Dex pushes the "G" on the panel.

LEE
I wasn't joking. I will get you next time.

DEX
Sure you will. Keep believing in yourself.

Lee looks over at Dex and the elevator dings and the doors open.

LEE
I'm being serious. I will defeat you.

The two get into the elevator and it starts closing. Just before it does, Dex smiles.

DEX
Keep dreaming.

CUT TO:
INT. LOBBY OF THE V.I.U. - DAY
The elevator dings as the doors open, letting Dex and Lee step out of the elevator and walk into the lobby. Agents are walking around and scientists are sitting at computers as Dex and Lee walk by. Agents Rockwell and Marianne are fighting in the training area separated from the lobby by strong glass. As Dex and Lee walk by, Dex waves to Rockwell.

DEX
Hey Rockwell!

Rockwell looks up from fighting Marianne, giving Marianne time to trip Rockwell and pin him to the ground. Marianne looks up at Dex, smiling.

MARIANNE
Thanks kid!

ROCKWELL
No fair! He distracted me!

LEE
That's your own fault, not his.

Marianne is holding in her laughter as she helps Rockwell off of the floor.

ROCKWELL
(grumbles)
Yeah, yeah.

DEX
You are a senior agent mate! You should always be ready!

Dex and Lee laugh as they continue walking towards their offices. As soon as they get there, Dex enters his office and walks behind his desk, opening the bottom right drawer, which is labeled "Poker Winnings". Inside the drawer, are jars of candy. Dex opens the skittles jar and empty his pocket of all the skittles he had just won.
As Dex does that, Lee throws the deck of cards onto her desk and flops into her chair. She opens her bottom drawer, which is full of lollipops. She grabs a cherry flavored one and unwraps it, popping it in her mouth as she logs onto her laptop and looks up Poker strategies.
Captain Hayes walks towards Lee's office, waves to Dex as he passes the doorway. He stands in the doorway of Lee's office, watching her scroll through Google before knocking on her doorway.