new years kiss

this is my first one shot, i aPOLOGIZE i know it's gonna be bad but it's bryles so you will probably read it anyway GSJSHS also i know it isn't the new year yET but it's soft bryles so i'm posting it now okay bye

-

briar.
it was january 31st, 2014. i was 16 years old and  ready to party. every year jessy hosts a party at her house, it's always sooo much fun, so i can hardly wait.

this year is different though.. my new best friend myles is going and i'm sooo excited. he's honestly the best thing that has ever happened to me. we're literally inseparable but it's been too long since the last time i seen him so.. i'm excited that i get to see him tonight.

it was around 6:00, the party started at 7 so it left me an hour to get ready. i was annoyed that it was only an hour but it's fine i'll manage. i put on some light makeup then started to curl my hair, myles always loved my hair in curls. i also picked out this really pretty black and red dress to wear tonight.

it wasn't like a party girl dress but it definitely was beautiful. i put it on and gave myself some final touches like lipgloss, perfume, all that stuff then i was finally ready to go. just in time too, the party starts in a few minutes. i grabbed my bag and made my way out the door.

myles.
"so, are you finally going to ask her out tonight?" devon asked, laughing.

i looked at him, confusedly, "who?"

"dumbass," he continued to laugh, "briar!" he exclaimed causing my face to turn bright red with embarrassment.

we went to jessy's party a little early to set up, now we're all just sitting around, hanging out.. then devon decides to basically tell jessy that i like her best friend! he's an idiot.

"woah myles you like briar?" she giggled.

i hung my head with embarrassment, "i don't."

they both laughed, jessy said, "it's okay mylooo. it's cute. briar likes you too. i think."

"she does?" i looked at her as she nodded in response, "holy shit."

"i could be wrong but the way she looks at you probably doesn't lie," she smiled a little.

i smiled to myself. maybe i would ask her out. i have liked her for so long.. maybe today would be the day she turns into my girlfriend. well i guess she wouldn't turn into anything, her title would just- you know what it doesn't matter.

"if you're asking her out though you need a serious makeover. you look terrible," she got up.

"oh?" i laughed.

she started upstairs, "you can borrow my brothers things."

devon and i waited downstairs for a while, finally after what felt like forever she came back. she handed me a white button up shirt, black dress pants and some hair gel.

i held it up and looked at her, "what's this for? i just showered you want me to add gunk to my hair?"

she laughed, "oh poor myles. here, you go get changed and let me worry about your hair," she grabbed the gel from me whilst i raised an eyebrow at her.

eventually i got up and went into the bathroom and got changed into the outfit. it was a little big but i think i looked pretty great. i don't dress up that often so i do look a little weird. i made my way out of the bathroom, jessy and devon box fixing their attention onto me as i got over to them. devon let out a small laugh as jessy frowned.