Chapter 7 - Meet Ferid Bathory

- Does he know your story? - Guren asked.

- Yes. He is my friend since I can remember. I asked him for help when I ran from home. I knew he hated my father too, so he would keep my location a secret. For years I tried to hide from Kureto, Tenri and Seishiro, but then, I realized they weren't going to tell my father anything. That was when I joined the army.

- So many years have passed and he is coming after you now? - Shinya said.

- I don't think he is coming after me because he cares. Probably he is going to need me for anything.

- Whatever it is, we can't let him put his hands on you. You are a grown-up now, he has nothing to do with you. - Guren said.

- He is a very powerful man, almost like my father. - Shinya said. - Well, my foster father.

- Don't worry, (Y/N), we will protect you. - Guren said.

- Yeah, of course. But now we gotta go. I have some paperwork to do. - Shinya said.

- I have some classes to give. But you come with me, (Y/N).

I nodded and we went.

- Don't forget to use protection! - Shinya shouted.

- Shut up! - I and Guren said at the same time.

~♡~

- Sorry, we are late! - I said when I entered Guren's classroom, with him behind me.

- I thought you two weren't coming! - Sayuri said, a little angry.

- Sorry Sayuri, it was my fault. - Guren said.

- It's ok, Master Guren! - Sayuri said.

- You see, Sayuri is a good girl. She calls me Master. - Guren said, pocking my chest.

- Oh God, shut up! I'm not going to satisfy your inner fantasies! - I replied.

- You can't talk to me like that. I'm still your senpai...

- No. There is absolutely no way I'm calling you that. - I firmly said.

Guren chuckled.

- As I'm still your superior, I'll demand you to go to my office after this.

- I won't go.

- I wasn't asking. - he said, getting closer to me.

- And I wasn't answering. - I said, getting closer to him too.

- You will get your punishment for this. - Guren said, getting closer again. Our bodies were separated by inches, I wanted to kiss him right now.

- Oh, yeah? And what will it be?

- It depends on your behavior.

- What has gotten into you to be so flirty?

- I've always been like this, but I never showed.

- Thank God you didn't.

We heard a clearing throat sound. We looked to our left to see Sayuri, visibly mad and... I could say, jealous.

- Oh, sorry Sayuri. - Guren said, sitting at his place on the desk.

I gave the lesson with Sayuri, feeling Guren's eyes on my back. He was watching me. And I couldn't get him out of my mind.

When the lesson was finished, I was about to leave silently when I feel someone grabbing me by my waist.

- Na na na na na, you are not going anywhere! - Guren turned me around. He still had his hands on my waist.

- What the hell you think you're doing? - I asked.

- Taking you to my office. - he replied.

- I told you I'm not going!

- But you have to obey me. You might be a Major, but I'm a Lieutenant Colonel.

- You are bragging.

- I would like to make fun of what I'm seeing but we are being attacked, lovebirds. - Goshi said, entering the room.

- WHAT?! - me and Guren said at the same time, rushing outside to help.

And we were indeed being attacked. There were massive clouds of smoke and dust everywhere and soldiers fighting vampires. At the top of a building I saw something... a vampire, his hair was silver and big and he had a mocking smile, looking at me.

- Ferid Bathory. - Guren growled.

- Ferad who? - I asked.

- Ferid Bathory, the seventh progenitor. We don't stand a chance against him. He is that vampire looking at us. It surprises me that you haven't heard of him before.

- I never fought a noble or a progenitor.

- Let me tell you something, then. They are strong. Really strong and fast. Ferid probably won't get involved in this fight, so don't expect him to join. He is just watching what we are able to do. Don't show him your powers. Fight without magic.

- Yes, Guren.

- I gotta go. Be careful, (Y/N).

He said this and grabbed my waist, kissing me on the forehead, which made me blush.

- You too, Guren.

We both went through separated ways.

Right after that, I saw a vampire running towards me. It was a common vampire, I was able to defeat him easily.

Every time I looked at Ferid, he was looking at me, smirking. What did he want from me?

Another vampire came to attack me, I killed him too. When I looked at Ferid again, he wasn't there anymore.

I heard a windy sound behind me. I turned around and he was there. A silver-haired vampire, red eyes, pointy ears, ruby earrings and a smirk.

- Hey there. - he said, stretching a hand to me. - I am Ferid Bathory. And you are?

Without patience for that shit, I swung my weapon, trying to kill him, but his sword collided with mine. He threw me to the ground, kicking my weapon too far away from me.

- You humans are sneaky little traitors! - he said.

- If I had shaken your hand you would have sliced it.

He bent himself over me.

- Ah, but you're a smart one! - he chuckled. He squatted and got his face closer from me. I could feel his breath in my lips. I was disgusted and afraid at the same time.

- Get away from me! - I spat.

- Na na na... I would never let such a pretty girl as you go... I wonder how your blood tastes.

- No! GO AWAY! - I turned my head to the left but never exposing my neck, I wasn't going to cry. I could never show him my weak part.

- What's your name? - he asked.

I remained silent, my eyes piercing his crimson orbs. He showed me his fangs, threatening me. I didn't react. He grabbed his sword and pushed it to my neck.

- What's your name? - he repeated, on the same "gentle" tone.

- (Y/N).

- So, (Y/N), ready to be mine? - he laughed as my face curved in horror.

Suddenly, I heard a loud noise coming from my left. I turned around to see Guren and Shinya. I got up quickly and ran to them.

- Guren! - I screamed.