First kiss one shot

(Artemis)

The hunters had been somewhere in northern Oregon, tracking a small group of cyclops when all Hades broke loose.

In planning, we thought there were maybe 2 monsters. we were very wrong. In an instant we were fighting 5 creatures to a mere 18 hunters.

We'd managed to kill 3 weak links of the group but the last 2 were strong. We split into teams, nine on each cyclops.

We were starting to weaken our side of the problem when, "Look out!!" I watched my second in command and 2 others be back handed by a crushing force sending them flying.

Seeing that my cyclops had fallen and groups combined on the remaining monster, I sprinted towards them. My heart stopped.

One girl named Macy franticly was tending to the other girl, Lily's, wounds. "Where's Zoë?" I asked trying to remain calm. Macy pointed to a clump under a group of trees.

"Zoë, wake up" I whispered. Gently sitting her up, I inspected her wounds. Broken ribs, a sprained wrist, cut to the leg and a severe concussion. "Artemis" she winced from injury.

Looking over my shoulder, the monster was now falling in defeat. Wrapping my arms around her, I lifted her up. Leading the hunters back to camp.

I set a now passed out Zoë on my cot, promising to be back in a moment. Seeing that all wounded were being treated and no were dead, I had them start on dinner as I went back to Zoë.

I wrapped her ribs, wrist and leg in bandages then gently shaking her awake. Her eyes fluttered. "Artemis?" I sighed in relief.

"I was worried. How are you feeling brave one?" I said cupping her cheek resting my forehead on hers. She met my eyes. Oh those dark eyes.

When she leaned in I was to shocked to do anything when our lips met. She jerked back. "I'm so sorry my lady. I shouldn't have done that. It-' I cut her off gently kissing her again.

Pulling back I framed her face, brushing a stray hair out of her eyes. "Don't apologize brave one. Rest I will take care of you." I said standing.

Her cheeks were decorated with a cute shade of pink. She nodded relaxing on the cot sleep over took her. Satisfied I kissed her forehead and pulled up the furs around her, waiting for the morning to come.