Prologue

Benita smiled as she went through her old photo album. A nostalgic smile on her face.

December was always the best time to reminiscence about the past. One could appreciate the time they spent with their friends and family over the years.

She sat cross legged on the couch with the television light flashing on the album pages.

Nothing could ruin this moment for me she thought as she flipped a page.

"Momma!"

She sighed. I spoke too soon.

Eight-year-old Jessica ran into the living room and jumped on her lap. "Momma save me. Nathan is being all clingy."

The ten-year-old walked into the room with a goofy grin on his face. "But youre just so cute."

"Weirdo."

Benita jumped in surprised. Daniella was seated in front of the door reading a picture book.

"When did you get there?" Benita asked.

The five-year-old doesn't look up from her book. "A magician never reveals their secrets."

Benita sighed. These kids will soon be the death of me.

"So momma what are you looking at?" Jessica asked.

"An album." Benita tilted the book, so the young girl could see. "Take a look."

"I want to see too." Nathan moved towards them.

Daniella peered from her book and Benita smiled. "Do you also want to see?"

The little girl blushed. "I dont, but if you ask me nicely I will."

Benita held back her laugh. My little girl isnt honest in the slightest.

"Fine then, come and see."

Daniella smiled and made her way towards her siblings.

"Momma when was this?" Jessica asked, pointing at a picture were Benita and her friends were in front of a silver Sienna. The Sienna had leaves on the window shield and mud on its tires.

Benita smiled. "My friends and I went on a road trip."

"So why is the car so dirty?" Nathan asked.

"Well its a really long story."

"We want to hear," Daniella said enthusiastically then blushed. "Not that I care or anything."

Benita ruffled her curly black hair. "I'll tell it anyways."

The kids got comfortable in their seat and Benita stroked her chin thoughtfully. "Where shall I begin?"

****

Author: Guess who's back guys?

Benita: we are

Lisa: The author should have posted this since but she's an idiot

Author: hey I've been busy

Craig: being inactive, we know

Author: I can't believe my own characters are going against me

Vincent: serves you right for not updating anything

Rianna: Now, now guys she's been trying her best

Author: Thanks Rianna

Mark: she has no excuse for being incompetent

Jessica: I agree

Daniella: Me too, down with you author

Nathan: why don't I get my own book.

Author: Bye guys.