Im sorry baby girl

From the time that I 'woke up' to the time I decided that I couldn't take the silence much longer, (which was only about five minutes) Ethan's phone went off seven times. Yes I counted.

I groaned and kicked the side of the blanket off of me, grabbing my hoodie off the floor before storming out of the room. I looked at my phone as o was walking down the hallway and saw that it was 5 am, great.

I opened the front door quietly and went outside to sit on the little couch they had our here. It was about 40° out here but I didn't really care at the moment.

I took my headphones out of my hoodie pocket and plugged them in my phone, turning on Disney+ to watch Winter Soldier, trying to cheer myself up.

"On your left." I whispered, quoting Steve.

You're going to be left on the side of the road eventually, no one cares about you.

I'm actively choosing to ignore the voice inside my head today, no matter what it says.

Ethan's POV
I woke up and checked my phone, sighing when I saw the multiple messages, deleting them without reading them. I just wish she would stop texting me.

I rolled over and noticed that Haley was gone. I sat up and rubbed my eyes, figuring that she was just in the bathroom or something.

I stood up out of my bed and walked out of the room, going out to the kitchen to make some coffee.

I noticed that the front door was open and heard a voice coming from out there. I walked over to the screen and stood beside it, trying to figure out who it was.

"I just don't know if it's something that I did. I mean I drove seven fucking hours for him and he won't even talk to me."

Damn it.

"Honestly I might just drive back early. There's not point of me staying here if he's-"

If I'm what?

"No I wasn't going to say that. Wait, you don't think-?"

Who doesn't think what?

"Well how am I supposed to not freak out when you're putting ideas in my head about...oh god. See this is exactly why I-"

She stopped talking and I could hear her take a loud breath. Clearly I wasn't meant to hear the conversation she was having so I couldn't exactly go out there to comfort her. She's also clearly mad at me for not talking to her last night, so I'm probably 100% the last person that she wants to talk to right now.

I heard footsteps behind me and turned around to see Cameron walking up behind me.

"Hey, I need you to do me a huge favor." I whispered, walking to meet her half way.

"What now?" She asked, still half asleep. "And why are we whispering."

"Haley's on the porch and I think she's crying and I'm pretty sure it's because of me but I can't go out there and check on her because I'm definitely the last person she wants to see right now so can you please go see if she's okay?"

"What did you do?" She asked rolling her eyes.

"I didn't do anything." I said, scratching my neck.

"Clearly you did." She said, walking towards the door. She shook her head before opening the screen door. She walked outside and closed both doors behind her.

I sat at the table and hit my head against it a couple of times.

"Hey Ethan, where are you?" I heard Grayson yell from somewhere in the house.