01

" I HOPE YOU LIKE EAST HIGH

" I HOPE YOU LIKE EAST HIGH. "

the first day at a new school always seemed like the scariest day, but for kendall it was like any ordinary day. she was so used to moving that it didn't really bother her anymore. she was never in one place too long due to her mom being transferred all the time.

"it's permanent this time, ken." her mom had told her the night before as she prepared herself for school. she had shoved a few notebooks, folders, pencils, and pens in her bag.

kendall's mom promised to drive her on her first day since she had no idea where she was going and the blonde obliged, letting her mom drive her. when they arrived (a little early because her mom had to get to work) kendall gave her a smile before climbing out of the car. "have a good day, sweetie."

"thanks, mom." kendall pursed her lips before turning on her heels and made her way into the school and towards the main office to retrieve her schedule.

the office was easy to find and as she approached the secretary's desk she was greeted by a student. "hi, you must be new here. i'm hannah, student council president."

"hi." kendall looked the girl up and down. "i like your dress." 

"thanks!" hannah smiled. she looked kendall up and down, "i like your shoes."

"thanks." kendall chuckled, turning to the secretary who was waiting for her attention. "hi, i'm here to pick up my schedule: kendall molnar."

the secretary typed a few things into the computer before printing out her schedule and handed it over. hannah offered to show her around and kendall took up the offer, having some spare time before her first class since she was early.

the two wandered the halls and hannah pointed out each class that kendall had so she knew where to go. she explained how some of the teachers were and greeted a few people as they walked.

"oh, i want i'm you to meet my friends!" hannah smiles, grabbing kendall's arm. she dragged her over to two people standing at the lockers. "nini, ej, this is kendall. kendall, these are my friends."

"hi." kendall gave a small wave and the other two returned it.

"nice to meet you." ej smiled.

"you too." kendall said. she looked around before turning back to hannah. "i'm gonna go find my locker."

"alright, see you later!" she smiled and the blonde returned it. she made her way down the hall and turned the corner, crashing into someone. she quickly apologized and continued to her locker, putting a few notebooks and folders in it before making her way towards her first period class.

as she wandered through the halls remembering where hannah had said her first period class was. she passed an open classroom door and heard a boy singing and strumming a guitar. she peeked in and saw said boy doing as she heard and he was alone. she stumbled over her own feet and cursed under her breath, causing the boy to turn and face her.

"uh, hi." the boy rose from his seat.

"i'm sorry." she felt herself beginning to blush. "i just heard you singing and i tripped over my own feet and--"

the boy cut her off. "it's okay, really. i should get going to class anyway."

"sorry." she apologized again.

"it's okay." he repeated as a small chuckle escaped his lips. "uh, i'm ricky, by the way."

"i'm kendall." she smiled small before tucking her hair behind her ear.

"are you a freshman? i haven't seen you around before." he tucked his guitar away in its case.

"junior." she clicked her tongue on the roof of her mouth. "today's my first day."

"oh, well i hope you like east high." he gave her a smile before picking up his case. he put his backpack on his back before turning back to look at kendall. she gave him a smile in return before turning on her heels to head towards first period again.

as she reached the class she greeted the teacher and took the assigned seat she gave her. she pulled out a notebook and pencil, placing it on her desk before tucking her bag on the floor in between her feet. she doodled a bit and when the bell rung she closed the notebook and watched as students began piling in. she noticed nini enter the room and the brunette gave her a smile before making her way over to her own desk.

kendall's next few classes were kind of boring and when lunch came around she grabbed her tray, looking around the room for somewhere to sit. she spotted an empty table and made her way towards it, frowning when a group of girls beat her there and all gathered around the table.

"kendall, come sit with us." hannah smiled, waving her over from across the cafeteria. kendall made her way over and took a seat next to hannah. nini and ej sat on the left side of hannah. a few other jocks joined the table, only really conversing with ej, but that was fine. kendall didn't really want to talk to any of them anyway.

her eyes wandered around the cafeteria and landed on ricky who sat a few tables over with a redhead. his gaze met hers and she gave him a small wave, which he returned, before turning back to listen to the conversation going on at the table she was sitting at.

"everyone," hannah smiled when noticing that the blonde was quiet. "this is kendall. she's new to east high."

"welcome." one of the basketball boys smiled and kendall returned it before looking down at her lunch. she looked back over her shoulder at ricky's table, but the boy was gone and a frown formed on her face as she turned back around and started to eat.