Chapter 8 -edited-

Alex p.o.v.
'no,' I hiss back at her, but it was too late; I was ripped from my control and pushed back into the back of my brain. Cleo was now in control. Luckily, Cleo's eyes were only green in my panther form; When a wolf comes forward, you can almost always see a color shift. Cleo put a hand against his chest. He breathed, moving one of his hands to my hips. Tingles covered my body at this point. "Marcus, you look handsome," Cleo said.

Marcus perked up at that comment, "Thank you, Alex, you look like the most beautiful person I've ever seen." The comment made my insides mush, and I was sure I was going insane.

'you like him' Cleo laughed. 'Also, I want some time with our mate.'

'Fine, you can be with him at the party. I don't like crowds,' I said, happy to sit back.

'nice try; you'll get Control back when I'm done; you need to spend time with him.' she said as they slowly danced while I stared through my eyes at Marcus.

"Would you like something to eat?" he asked.

"Yes, please," she said

He let us go and took us to the kitchen. "Whatever you would like," he said, pointing to the buffet food. Cleo picked up a plate, loading it with different types of meat. Anything that was once alive was Cleo's favorite food; her plate consisted of sausages, pepperoni bites, and some skewered meats. "everything looks delicious." She commented.

"thank you. I never knew you liked meats." Marcus smiled now, leaning against the counter.

"It's an occasional treat, So what's next?" she said.

"Well, it's about an hour till I get chained. So, the last hour, I was thinking we could socialize with the pack," he said, straightening his position into a normal stance.

'now you can have the body back,' Cleo said, pulling me back to reality. 'Good luck'

'fuck you,' I hissed

'Love you too.' She growled playfully.

"Marcus, I think today is not the day for me to meet your pack for the first time; plus, I still have a whole plate of food to eat," I stated, looking at the plate of food sitting in my hand.

"fine, maybe later," Marcus sighed, and I mentally patted myself on the back for using Cleo's food in my favor. "you can sit at the dining room table and eat, or you can sit on the couch and eat. It's up to you. Once you're done, it should be time for Beth to come help you." he stated, and we walked out of the kitchen to the table outside the living room. Sitting down, I avoided looking into his eyes as I chewed on one of the meat skewers.

When I say I ate that plate of food so slowly, my plate was half full still, and Marcus looked to be getting irritated. Twenty minutes later, I did not want to meet anyone I hadn't already met. "Beth will be down in 10 minutes," he stated, seeming restless in his seat.

"Ok," I said. The moon's rays must've been intense because I already needed to shift. "I had fun, Marcus," I said, honestly. Marcus looked me up and down, making my face heat up.

"I did too, Alex," he stated, looking spaced out. "Thank you for being my date."

"hey guys, are we ready for the moon?" Beth danced down the stairs, letting out a small howl; she wore a green pixie cut dress with some short black chunky heels; her hair was natural as she rarely did anything with it, and her makeup was just barely noticeable as always; she was stunning. Once Beth was at the bottom of the stairs, she looked at me, Marcus sitting at the table. " am I interrupting something," she asked, crossing her arms. "I'll be back in five!" she shouted before returning upstairs.