E

*_*_*

*_*_*

"Lacey." Dayton called my name out from behind the counter, holding my usual I always get from Starbucks.

Smiling, I walk over to the counter to find Dayton grinning at me. I reach out to grab my iced coffee, but he pulls it away from me and I frown. "Hey!"

Dayton chuckles. "Sorry. Make sure to read the cup to make sure I got the order right before you sit back down."

"What do you mean?" I asked, confused. "You always get it right."

He rolls his eyes. "Just check while I finish up on these other orders."

"Okay." With the drink in my hands, I twirl it around to the side that contains the check list of contents that I ordered to be put in my drink. "Vanilla, 2% milk, easy ice, and one shot of expresso." I lift my gaze to Dayton. "Dayton, you got the order right."

"Did you read the top to make sure it's yours?"

"What?" I muttered with furrowed eyebrows. "But you said-"

"Just read it, Lacey."

I roll my eyes. "You're starting to piss me off."

"I know." He chuckled. "There's a reason behind it."

"Can you just tell me instead?"

"Read it, and you'll see."

I smirk. "Are you using my words against me now?"

"Maybe." He replied slyly.

"You sneaky bastard."

Dayton laughs. "Just read it, Lacey."

My eyes flicker to the top of the plastic container. Besides my name is a handwritten note written in Dayton's messy handwriting: We should get coffee sometime because I like you a latte and I want to take you out. -Dayton

Dayton chuckles nervously. "Well, what is it?"

"You are using my words against me, you asshole!" I chuckled.

His eyes lurk over my face, waiting for my reaction to his handwritten note on my beverage.

I read the note over a couple more times before responding. "W-what?" I sputtered, my cheeks growing hot.

"I'm guessing you read it?"

"Y-yeah." I clear my throat. "Okay, first off, your pun game is shit."

He laughs. "And yours is better?"

"You have a point." I move onto my next statement. "Second off, does this mean that you like me?"

He nods, smiling. "I really like you, Lacey. Ever since you stepped in here with your siblings and cussed me out, you had me wrapped around your finger." While he said that, he grabbed my index finger and wrapped his whole hand around it. "Your drive for success, your dedication to your five siblings, your dirty mouth, your flirting, your beauty has attracted me to you like a magnet, and I can't get away from you."