Trying to Help

(Y/N)'s POV: 

I leave the room so that Alastor can't ask any more questions. That was close!  I'm not sure how I'm going to change him. I decide to just keep being as nice and polite as possible even though it seems to annoy him when I don't seem scared of him. He seems to be a gentleman on the outside, but I am really scared of accidentally angering him, and the thought sends shivers down my back. I stop for a moment to think about the ways he's killed his victims. Nope. Don't want that at all. I decide to check up on the others to keep my mind off it. I walk into the bar and find Husk passed out drunk and Nifty lifting him up to clean up the area underneath him. They seem ok so I walk into the hallway to find Charlie and hear yelling. Its angel and some kind of punk-rock Dalmatian girl.

"All I'm saying is that you should work on your makeup Crymini! I can teach you to be more feminine." Angel says

"I don't want to be girly! you should take some lessons from me and be less feminine!"

"Oh I'll show you less feminine!" Angel said punching her face. It quickly turned into a brawl so I threw myself in between them to stop the fight. "Stop!"I said it a bit too late though. They both accidentally punched me in the face and gut at the same time.

"(Y/N)! I'm so sorry!"

"You shouldn't have done that stupid!" Crymini said.

I told them I was fine and to apologize to each other. They did and shot me sorry glances as they left the hall. I turned to leave and thought I saw someone hiding in a door frame. "I saw you, please come out, I don't bite I promise." I said. 

Alastor's POV:

"...come out I don't bite..."

How could she have seen me? I had gone in shadow form and everything. I begin to solidify but I then realize (Y/N) isn't facing me. Out of the door-frame comes that strange fish fellow, Baxter. 

"Hello there I'm (Y/N)." she says to him holding out her hand and smiling. Even if her lack of fear annoys me I have to commend her for almost always having a smile. You're never fully dressed without one. He slowly approaches her and shakes her hand.

"I'm Baxter, I was trying to get to my lab, but then those two cretins got in my way. It was stupid of you to stop the fight that way but thanks for getting rid of them." 

She had a slight frown when he called her stupid but she perked back up and said "You're welcome. You have a lab? That's so cool can I check it out or help you sometime? I bet you make super interesting inventions."

At this the fish man's ego swelled and he agreed to let her in his lab sometime. (Y/N) has a way with others doesn't she? He will barely tolerate anyone here and he's allowing her in his lab. Interesting... They parted ways and I continue to follow her until she comes upon the princess and her angry partner.

(Y/N)'s POV: 

Charlie comes bounding towards me "So how's your first day (Y/N)?" I tell her all about my talk with Alastor and Angel and Crymini's fight, excluding the part where they punched me. I tell her how excited I am to go into Baxter's lab. She looks at me shocked. "He's going to let you into his lab? He won' even talk to us. With your help we'll have them redeemed in no time!" She started bouncing up and down and squealing. I turned to leave but Vaggie pulled me aside and said "I see bruises forming on your face. Did Al hurt you?!?"

"No, actually I stepped in between Angel and Crymini and they accidentally hurt me, it's no big deal really."

"I'm going to rip their heads off!" She said summoning a spear. Her expression softens and she turns to me and says  "I'm sorry you had to deal with that on your first day. Please be more careful and PLEASE don't go anywhere with our guests alone." 

I leave the room when I hear Vaggie start shouting. I hope she's not being too hard on Angel and Crymini. I listen next to the door only to hear. "....You creep! How long have you been following her?!?!"

"I was just patrolling the hotel, how dare you suspect me of something as childish as spying!"

 Its Alastor's voice, I realize. I see something move out of the corner of my eye and run in case someone catches me eavesdropping. Why was Alastor following me?

Alastor's POV: 

Later that evening, I got bored and decided to talk to my shadow. I summoned him and he immediately motioned me over to tell me something. It turns out (Y/N) had overheard the fact I was watching her. It seems I have to come up with a new way to keep tabs on her....