Happy New Year, Ciel Phantomhive!

"Until the day I die, until the day I cannot come back to you, I will swear on my life to protect you. Don't apologize for being scared, and don't ever be afraid to tell me no."

Precious words that echo in my mind more than anything else. I was so cautious, so afraid of this man when I first met him. Now I'm begging him to not leave my side. Did he really manipulate me? Or was it my own choice?  That smile... on the first day we met. Ciel had thought I was pulling a gun on him, or something of the sort, and had called Sebastian to tackle me. He didn't smile at me like he wanted to kill me. He had been so calm. Did he know that I would stay? Or that this would happen?

"Are you feeling any better, My Lady?" He asks, petting my head. I shook my head in response.

"I feel like I'm going to split open." I rasped as my voice struggled to regenerate. He frowned.

"Please, allow me to get you something to eat. It will only take a moment." He says again.

"But what if it gets worse while you're gone?" I sniffled. He shook his head and gave me a reassuring smile.

"If you feel like it's going to kill you, just call for me. I will be here instantly." He says. I nodded, still not wanting him to leave. I close my eyes and breathe deeply. When I opened them, he was gone. I steadied my breathing, trying not to panic or think of what would happen while he was gone. I'm overreacting. Calm down. I thought to myself. Demon Flu was very harsh, yet difficult to obtain. It was not at all contagious. The Flu was most powerful when the victim was alone and suffering several overwhelming emotions, as I was. There were only 63 reports of deaths from the Demon Flu.

"I've returned." Sebastian chirps in the doorway, holding a tray of soup and bread. I breathe a sigh of relief.

"I didn't take more than several minutes, My Lady. Is it bothering you that much?" He asks, resting the tray next to me, sitting on the side of the bed as well. I nod as he smiles in reply.

"Please be cooperative and eat. This will help get it out of your system." He advises. I look at him as if he's insane.

"I don't eat."

"But you must."

"Isn't there something else I could do?"

"Vixie..." He warns, "I'm only doing what's good for you. You trust me, right?"

"Fine..." I huffed. He rests the tray on my lap. I look at it for several seconds before I started to eat.

"It's not bad," I report, eating more of the soup. He smiles proudly.

"I'm glad you like it. I made it especially for you, Vixen."

"Who else has a racking Demon Flu?" I asked. He shakes his head.

"I've never had it."

"Lucky you." I hiss as I savor some of the bread.

"So, you say it was the dream that started this?"

"..."

"I was not fully aware that you were asleep last night. I just felt a small connection from somewhere."

"If this is your fault-"

"I would never do something so irrational."

"Are you sure about that?"

"Of course."

"..."

"Well... maybe once."

"Uh-huh..." I felt a lot better after eating. I set the tray on the nightstand next to me. Sebastian scoots closer to me to pet me on the head once again.