26

Our first week home was going so much easier then I had expected

Our first week home was going so much easier then I had expected. As long as the twins slept together in the bassinet next to our bed, they'd sleep until almost 5 am. Austin was exhausted, but I never fully got out of the habit of waking up all the time. Sophia was the best help. Today the baby's were one month and a few of Austin's old time friends were over.
"Does he do poopy diapers?" Jane asked me as I got the baby's dressed up to see his parents.
"He volunteers! I am blessed!"
"I've known Austin for so long. It's so nice to see him finally grow up into an adult."

"He's an amazing father. He loves taking naps with them the most." I adjusted Olivias bow and kissed both my babies. When Jane carried her out, Austin did some baby talk making her eyes widen. I kissed him and put Brantley down on the bean bag with the fuzzy blanket over it to take their one month pictures.

They made my heart melt in every way, especially the way they console each other

They made my heart melt in every way, especially the way they console each other. I couldn't bring myself to split them up until Austin's parents were at the door. I greeted them in and helped them load a grand baby into each arm.
"Their first bath, one shit on me and the other pissed all over my jeans," Austin told his family over a few drinks and lunch. I had my first drink the other night and Austin had to help me walk upstairs.
My phone vibrated and I saw it was a client I had to cancel an appointment with yesterday, so I excused myself and answered it quietly.

Austin's POV
"So how different do you feel?" My dad asked as I fed Brantley a bottle.
"It honestly comes naturally," I told him the truth. "The only thing that really changed my view was watching Natalie go through labor the way she did. Her contractions would start in the middle of another one, the peak didn't even reach on the paper. It was so scary."

"It's life changing Austin." I believed him when he said it before, but staring down at my two gorgeous children, I see it first hand. "I am so proud of you son.  I've said it a million times but right now, seeing you handle everything so easily, you are making your old man cry."

I felt the familiar tightness in my throat when you hold back tears. I swallowed that lump and looked at Brantley, whose eyes blinked up at me, the bottle nipple resting on his lip. I watched his nostril flare as his breathing stayed steady.
"Daddy loves you," I cooed as I put the bottle next to me and stood up to burp my boy.
Natalie came down the stairs with her usual beautiful smile, wrapping a sweater around her shoulders.
"I say we attempt to go out to eat for the first time." Jodie suggested you us. "Or you guys can take a date night while we're here."