Chapter 9 -edited-

Alex p.o.v.
I was pissed, but I knew this was my fault. Marcus had left me in the room for a couple of hours. 'All your fault,' Cleo hissed; she was right; I fucked up, but I was protecting myself. I also didn't want to be on bad terms with the alpha.

I felt terrible and had to resolve this, or I'd never leave. Walking to my door, my body hesitated, but I pushed through it, trying not to make more noise than I was worth, "I'm not in the mood-" he stopped talking when he saw it was me.

"do you have a moment to talk?" I asked nervously.

"yeah, come in." I walked in, standing beside his desk.

"About the phone, I asked Beth for it because I was scared. It is hard to admit, but I'm scared." tears fell down my cheeks without warning.

I looked away, not wanting him to see I had fallen apart, but his arms wrapped around me. "Alex, you are safe regarding the rogue; we took care of it."

"How?" I asked him.

"We killed him," he stated blankly.

Part of me hoped it was my uncle, but I knew I would never be that lucky. His grip tightened on me. "I won't let anyone hurt you."

His grip was oddly comforting.

I wasn't a hugger, but I melted into his. "OK, am I able to have another phone?"

"not right now. I want to get you comfortable around here, but if you ever need us, we will always be around," he said, stepping back from the hug. Undoubtedly, it made my life harder, but I nodded before a knock sounded at the door. "Fuck. forgot we were meeting today." He cursed lowly, "Come in, Sophia."

The door swung open, and a small female walked in. "I'm sorry I didn't know you had company."

"no worries, I was done with what I wanted to say," walking toward the door.

"no, you can stay; this will only take a minute. What's your name??" the female asked. I took a look at her and took in her appearance. She was short, around 5-foot, with dirty blonde hair, hazel eyes, and a slender nose. "so I just wanted to thank you for the transportation help." She smiled over at Marcus.

"no problem, my pleasure. Also, this is my mate Alex and your future Luna," he said, smiling back at her.

"Just call me Alex," I stated. "I'll talk to you more later."

"OK, well, I have to get back to my son," she said, walking out the door, leaving me and Marcus alone.

"Well, would you like to spend some time together?" Marcus offered, "There's a library; I want you to see it. It Holds a lot of information."

"That sounds amazing. I love books." It was the truth; books helped me not to end my life under my uncle's care.

Marcus smiled wide. "Perfect, something we both share in common," he walked to my side. "Come on, the library of mine is in the middle of the hallway. It's a hidden door, so it looks like the rest of the wall. Follow me." he explained before exiting his office and walking into the hallway, waiting for me. After we walked a few steps, he stopped in the middle of the hallway, pushing his fingers in the middle of the door. He opened it before me, shelves and shelves of books and desks lined up as if it were a private study.

I walked in amazed. It was more books than I had ever seen when living with my uncle. I'd read whatever he had in a few books I'd steal from places. "Wow," I breathed.

"do you like it? This room helped me calm down when my parents died. I'd come in here and read for hours. Sometimes, I wouldn't leave this room for days." he smiled as if he remembered a simpler time. He walked further in, pushing the door closed behind us.