Ms. Morgan

Alice Morgan sat on the rotting bench inside of the old cabin. The fire danced in front of her hands, yet the cold still found it's way under the layers of her clothing. Her long brown hair fell in soft waves around her red cheeks, and her thin frame covered by two shirts and two coats. "Good evening Alice, keeping warm?" Dutch asked the girl as he walked through the entrance of the cabin.

"Trying to" Alice answered offering a small smile. The man returned the smile and sat down across from her. "Is it letting up any" Alice asked. Dutch stuck his gloved hands near the blaze and sighed, "two weeks in this and there's no sign of it yet." 

Alice nodded, they had fled Blackwater in an attempt to escape the Pinkertons on their trail. Losing two members and leaving two more to the unknown, the gang made camp in the frozen town of Colter. It had been a week since they had set up in the run-down cabins and with each day the snow piled on. 

"It'll calm soon, then once it melts enough we'll head east" Hosea said as he joined the two by the fire. Alice nodded and returned her gaze to the fire before her. "How is everyone holding up?" she asked the men. 

"Morale is low, but they're alive" Hosea answered.

"We had it too good in Blackwater, we got comfortable" Alice said. Dutch hummed before chiming in with his own answer, "You all just need to keep faith in me. We missed a lot of people on that ferry, now we're here. I'll lead us out just like always." 

Alice smiled up at the black haired man, his beard already growing long, "As always Dutch" she responded hopefully. 

The young girl always knew where her loyalties were. Dutch had taken her and Arthur in as children, raised them, and she trusted that. Even now when things were tough, Alice knew that Dutch would have a plan. 

With a gentle pat on Dutch's shoulder Alice retreated back to a small bed room. Inside was a cot, a few blankets, and her saddlebag. She gently touched the pack, avoiding the blood spatter on the side. "Loomis" she whispered and closed her eyes. 

Loomis was a golden brown mare, a beautiful Dutch Warmblood. Shot in the escape from Blackwater. There were a few of the horses not to make it out. Her brother's horse shared the same fate, and John's horse had lost the fight against some wolves. It wasn't an easy escape. 

----

"How are you holding up" Alice asked as she sat beside John. "I'm here, barely" he answered. She offered a soft smile before moving out of Abigail's way. "Thank you Alice" the other woman said quietly. "There's no need for that Abigail, he would have looked for any of us." Alice replied. Jack placed his small hand in her's, "Are we going back to the other camp soon?" he asked. 

"Not for a while" Alice answered the young boy. "Do you know anything Miss Morgan?" another voice rang. Alice turned to the small group of people huddled in the cabin. "Dutch and Hosea are working on a plan, you can bet on that. As far as I know, it involves waiting until the snow has melted then getting off this mountain." the brown haired woman stated. "I know it's been a wild and messy few days but Dutch needs us behind him now more than ever. Him and Hosea will have a plan, they always do, and as soon as I find out anything, you will know too."

"Thank you Alice" Tilly whispered. Alice nodded to the woman and moved toward the shivering blonde at her side. 

"How are you feeling?" she asked softly. The woman didn't answer, Alice placed her hand over Sadie's, "You're safe here, we'll take care of you. Don't be afraid to ask for anything" she said. With that Alice left the main cabin. 

The snow was bright, blinding almost. Alice pulled her coat closer and sighed as she walked toward her own cabin. 

----

The days seemed more like weeks as the snow slowly melted. Now Alice was mounting up to rob a train. "First one in a while there Morgan, you feelin up to it" Micah smirked. The girl patted her mount's neck, "Of course, but we'll all understand if you want to back out Mister Bell. It is a man's job after all" Alice shot back. He laughed, "Oh I'm fit enough for it, maybe later I'll show ya how much of a man I really am" he whispered trying to seem intimidating. Alice shrugged, "I'm alright, If I wanted to see anything more impressive than what you're packing, I'd ask Bill." 

Micah scoffed and as he started to retort, Dutch's voice cut him off. 

The group rode a distance away from Colter, the snowy ground melting into grass. The gang soon came to a stop on a hillside, "Arthur go see if he needs any help" Dutch instructed, his attention on Bill Williamson. Alice remained by their leader's side and watched her brother as he made his way to the other man. "You sure sendin cowpoke was the best choice" Micah asked tauntingly. 

"Micah" Dutch warned.

"I'm just askin" he replied placing his hands up slightly. "He could of sent you Micah, but Bill uses some big words and we're not sure you'd understand em" Alice stated. Dutch shot her a stern look and she smiled. 

As Arthur made his way back up to the group, the got ready to execute the plan. They pulled their bandannas up and waited as the train made it's way around the corner. However, as it passed over the dynamite, nothing happened. "Damn it" Alice whispered, following Javier's lead as he jumped off his horse. 

"I thought you said it was alright" Dutch asked angrily. "Oh so now it's my fault" Arthur shot back. "Let's go Arthur" Alice called to her brother as they ran to the opposite side of the tunnel. 

----

 "How are those wagons looking Mister Williamson" Miss Grimshaw called. "They're packed" he grumbled. 

Javier flinched under Alice's touch, "You need to stay still" she instructed. He rolled his eyes but gave her a charming smile. "You'll be fine, just some scrapes mostly. The cut on your left hand will need to be cleaned more still, and don't take your boots off until the swelling in your ankle goes down. Nothing broken or serious, you were lucky today Javier" she stated. "I will always be lucky with you taking care of me" he flirted. Alice laughed as she moved away from the outlaw and towards Lenny. 

"Lenny, come here real quick" she called. He smiled as he walked toward her, "What can I do for ya Alice?" he asked. "You can sit down and let me check you over. Arthur said the conductor got you pretty good" she answered. "I'm alright Alice, he just caught me off guard is all" Lenny said with a smile. As she went to answer, Miss Grimshaw called for her, "Let me know if you need anything" the girl called as she ran over to the older woman. 

*Welcome to the first chapter! First let me start by saying that I take no ownership of the Red Dead Redemption characters. Alice is an OC and she is the only one I will claim. I'm probably going to get some conversations from specific scenes wrong, so please forgive that. I hope you enjoy! Thanks for reading!*