{24} Welcome to the Club

PERCY'S POV

Christmas was fast approaching, and with it, the school holidays. We already knew that we were spending Christmas at a place called the Burrow, which was where the Weasleys lived, at the invitation of Mr and Mrs Weasley. It seemed like it would be crowded, but also fun. 

I was just disappointed that I couldn't spend Christmas with my mum, Paul, and Estelle. It was a few days before the start of the school holidays that I was woken from a restless sleep by a scream. 

I jolted awake immediately, but for a few brief, terrifying moments, I thought that I was stuck in my dream. Then another scream rung through the air, and I was able to snap myself out of it. 

Jason was already fumbling for his glasses as I scrambled out of bed. The other four boys in the dorm were stirring as well, with Dean Thomas already looking around in confusion. 

It didn't take a genius to realize that it was Harry who was screaming. I hurried over to him, Ron joining me a moment later in an effort to shake him awake. 

"Harry. Harry!" Ron half-yelled at the sleeping boy. 

A few more tense moments passed, with Harry's jerking body throwing the blankets everywhere, and then he opened his eyes. They were glazed over for a moment, before they cleared. I stepped back, exchanging a glance with Jason as Harry groaned, clutching his head in his hands. 

Then, for good measure, the black haired boy rolled over and threw up. 

"He's really ill. Should we call someone?" Neville asked fearfully. 

No one responded. Harry pushed himself into a sitting position, taking heaving breaths.

"Your dad," He panted, "Your dad's... been attacked..." 

"What?" Ron asked, bewildered.

Jason and I caught on a lot quicker, but didn't get the chance to say anything before Harry continued. 

"Your dad! He's been bitten, it's serious, there was blood everywhere."

"I'm going for help." Neville decided nervously, running from the dormitory. 

"Harry, mate, you... you were just dreaming." Ron said, seeming to be trying to convince himself. 

"No." Harry replied furiously, "It wasn't a dream... not an ordinary dream... I was there, I saw it... I did it." 

I could hear Dean and Seamus exchange muted words, and I shot them a sharp look, quieting them. I knew how it felt to have these kinds of dreams, and they weren't helping. 

"Harry, you're not well." Ron said nervously as Harry retched again, "Neville's gone for help."

"I'm fine." Harry choked, although he was shaking uncontrollably, "There's nothing wrong with me, it's your dad you've got to worry about- we need to find out where he is- he's bleeding like mad- I was- it was a huge snake."

Harry tried to get out of bed, but Ron pushed him back. Harry didn't try to get back up again. Jason and I retreated to our corner of the room. 

"What was that?" I asked.

"I don't know." Jason replied helplessly, "It seemed similar to demigod dreams, but he's not a demigod. What do you think?"

"What? Why me?" I asked, my eyes widening. 

If I was supposed to be the expert on this, we were screwed, because I had no idea what was going on. 

"You have more experience with dreams." 

"Right." I sighed, "Well, this isn't my kind of thing. Annabeth would be more of an expert on this. Then again, that's true for most things."

"We can ask her in the morning. I'm sorry for bringing it up." 

"It's fine." I shrugged it off.

"I'm here if you want to talk?" Jason offered.

I hesitated for a moment before replying.

"I mean, it would be like how it is for anyone with something like PTSD. It's just, well, harder because, you know, we have prophetic dreams sometimes as well. So sometimes I'll be dreaming of something, and I'll think that it's a vision of the future instead of a flashback to the past, and that really freaks me out, you know?" I stumbled over my own words.

I had never really talked about it with anyone- except for Annabeth, of course.

"I get it. I get them sometimes as well, so do the others. Nowhere near as bad as you two, but, we've all been through some horrible things, and it takes its toll." 

I nodded in agreement.

Just then, we heard Neville's voice from the hallway.

"Over here, Professor."

Moments later, Neville entered with Professor McGonagall. 

"What is it, Potter? Where does it hurt?" She asked briskly.

"It's Ron's dad." Harry replied, sitting up again, "He's been attacked by a snake, and it's serious, I saw it happen."

"What do you mean, you saw it happen?" Professor McGonagall frowned.

"I don't know... I was asleep and then I was there." 

"You mean you dreamed this?' 

"No." Harry responded angrily, "I was having a dream at first about something completely different, something stupid... and then this interrupted it. It was real, I didn't imagine it. Mr Weasley was asleep on the floor and he was attacked by a gigantic snake, there was a load of blood, he collapsed, someone's got to find out where he is..." 

Professor McGonagall was staring at the young wizard as though horrified by what she was seeing. I couldn't help but feel sorry for him. 

"I'm not lying and I'm not mad!" Harry shouted, "I tell you, I saw it happen!"

"I believe you Potter," Professor McGonagall said curtly, "Put on your dressing gown- we're going to see the headmaster."