Chapter 15: Bye, Bye Butterfree

As we continued onto the next town in the mainland, we came across a whole bunch of Butterfree flying around in an area. They all seemed happy and excited about something. "It's their mating season."
Brock pointed out. "They're all trying to find new mates."
Ash and I nodded. We thought that maybe it would be okay for us to bring our butterfrees out so that they could play. I released my butterfree and Ash released his. They happily spoke with one another and flew up into the crowd of Butterfree, talking and playing with them.
"They're so happy playing together and just simply being around one another.." I continued to watch.
"Yeah like us!" Ash chimed in with a smile. He then gently reached over, grabbing my hand.
Smiling, we continued to talk about many things, when.. -
"Free!!" All the Butterfree got trapped in a giant net. We then heard some laughing.
"Prepare for trouble..!"

Great.. it's Team Rocket. I sighed after rolling my eyes and spun around to see them floating in their giant Meowth head balloon.
"Espeon! Let's go!!"
"Espeon!" She happily jumped out and ran up to me, nudging her head against my head, then back out to the battlefield.
"Use quick attack then psychic!"
"Ekans! Go and use wrap!!"

"Ekansssss." It lunged for my Espeon, ready to wrap its body around her.
"Pikachu use spark on Ekans!"
Ash sent Pikachu out from his side and he stunned Ekans, knocking it out right away. This gave Espeon a wider window to break the giant net.
Espeon jump up!
She did that and used shadow ball to cause the net to tear open. All the Butterfree inside flew out quick, then used Gust to blow Team Rocket away. "Team Rocket is blasting off again."
After they were gone, we spent more time talking and playing with all of our Pokémon until the moon was high into the sky. The Butterfree started to leave and Ash's and mine looked at us. We knew they would be happier if they had left. And they would make lots of new friends along the way.
"Butterfree, we want you both to be happy. You two will make so many new friends and get to go on an amazing adventure!"
Both of them started to shed tears.
"It's hard for us too.." I chimed in, smiling.
"But you two deserve it. You'll have so much more that way. And neither of us will ever forget about you."
They both smiled, and shed more tears as they turned away, flying under the guidance of the moonlight.
I turned to Ash.
"Did I... do the right thing?"
He turned back, smiling. "No, we did the right thing."
Someday, we will meet our Butterfree again.