Chapter 2 - Another viola king

It was around 9am, the sun's rays and the bird's song wake up Brett. "What a wonderful morning!" he said to himself. Brett stretched, got up, grabbed a LingLing 40h hoodie and a black jeans, and went to the bathroom to take a shower. Brett can be really lazy especially the morning that's why he need to do what he have to do without thinking until his morning coffee. He had just dressed when someone knocks on the door.

"Helloooo! shout Eddy

-Oh my god you scared me ! said Brett

-Haha it was on purpose, you just woke up? asked Eddy

-Yeah like 15 min ago, in what honor are you here ? ask Brett playfully

-I met Ray on my way, so I thought we could have a coffee together. said Eddy with a smile

Ray was here? Brett didn't notice him. At first he felt wierd by Ray's presence but after all they don't spend a lot of time together so why not. Brett felt blessed when he realized that Eddy was at his door, waiting for him and on the top this he came unexpectedly. In fact, it was something they both used to do but today seems different, to Brett especially he wanted to discover more about their relationship.

-Of course what a wonderful idea! Let's go.

The coffee shop wasn't far, they discuss about Ray and ask so many questions especially Brett. In fact, he was glad to see Ray, they don't hang out often because ray is often on tour in another country and he lives in the city nearby. Apparently Ray was here by hasard and he was going to say hi to the boys and then go bach on tour the week after.

Once at the coffee shop they all ordered what they wanted and take a table next to the windows. "The best places" according to Eddy. Brett was pretty quiet, when their order arrived he began to observe Eddy lightly. What was his last night dream about ? Was it something relevant, or no it was probably nothing. Maybe it was just his mind that reflected her deep lack of affection. Because it been a while since he hadn't have any signed of affection from anyone. Or maybe he just didn't saw it because of the bubble he started to build between him and the whole world.

Back to reality, he was lost in thought and lost all thread of the conversation. However no one had noticed, Ray an Eddy are in an intense conversation anyway.

Wait...

What are they even talking about ? Brett didn't understand a single word of what they were saying. He started to feel dizzy and sweaty. He went to the toilets to refresh himself.

what's wrong with me? said Brett looking at himself in the mirror.

His temperature went back to normal,he take a deep breath and go back to the table.

"Are you okay? asked Eddy nervous

-Yeah I'm fine responds Brett with a small smile

-We were remembering the time you both forgot your violins for the concert, said Ray laughing

-Oh my god yes that day! replied Brett laughing too

Everyone finishes their coffee and went out.

-Let's go to my place! I meen if you have nothing plan of course, say Brett happily.

Ray and Eddy looked at each other and agreed. The way back home isn't as exciting as previously, Ray and Eddy talk a lot without even minding about Brett. Well it didn't really upset Brett, he truly like the boys and just seeing them going along together and enjoyed each other presence was enough for him.

wait...

Maybe that was a little disturbing, not the fact that they don't care about him but the fact that Eddy wasn't really minding him. Since the dream, something had change, he couldn't put a finger on it but he wanted Eddy close to him. As a backup, as someone he could forget his sadness with, as a friend no.... as a best friend.

Here they were, at Brett's house.

"What if we play a game? say Eddy

-What do you mean? ask Brett

-You know, the game we use to play before when we were all together

-Oh you mean like charade or something?

-Yes exactly

-Well, that actually sounds like a good idea !

And they played all afternoon like that, they all had a lot of fun... especially Ray and Eddy. The boeard was really cute from Brett's point of view, they were really close and very friendly with each other but...Brett was here standing with his violon admiring the scene. A strange feeling slowly appeared at the bottom of his stomach, it start to be more and more heavy. When he really bothered Brett, he panicked. What was that about, why do he felt like this ? He start to feel his bad mood take over his mind and then the sadness slowly taking over to leave just a big storm of loneliness.

It was getting really late and after dinner Ray went back home despite the desapointment of the boys and the painfull goodbye. Eddy didn't leave Brett's house, they were peacefully sat on the sofa with some beer and some snack. Brett wasn't paying any attention to the TV, he was deep in thought.

"Bretty, what's going on ?

Brett shivered when he heard the nickname,it was so sweet from Eddy's mouth.

-Nothing I'm fine, reply Brett with a fake smile on his lips.

-Look, i m really sorry for what happened this afternoon, I was so excited to saw Ray and i didn't pay any attention to you i'm so sorr.....

-I'm fine, nothing happen, I was so glad to see both of you that I lost the use of speech, I'm sorry I was a....

-Bretty,you shouldn't apologize, we all know Ray and I were the one to blame.

A silence settles in the room, Eddy looks Brett in the eyes, when Brett his eyes burned tears which he tried to hold back. Eddy sense something was off and he could tell it was more deeper than what happen today.

Eddy opened his arms and Brett fall inside of it. Eddy was lying down on the back with Brett inside of his arms, his head on his neck, Brett's arms around his side.