♦︎Chapter 12♦︎ Looking Back

I've been fed with brain food so the next couple of Chapters should be good.
—x—x—x—x—x—

Once you had waved goodbye to Steven, You, Lapis and Peridot walked back into the barn together. "Hey. Thanks for cheering me up guys. I appreciate it." You said as you placed a hand on both of their shoulders. "No problem, we can't have you upset." Lapis said as she smiled back. "Now I'm going back to my hammock."
"To snore again?" Peridot snickered, making fun of her. "I don't not snore!" Lapis said.

You laughed as you said goodnight to your friends. Once you were finally alone again you collapsed on your pile of hay and sighed out loud. You closed your eyes and tried to sleep but the thought of Jasper kept haunting you. Just the face for her when you stabbed her kept you up. You tossed and turned as you tried to sleep. "I'm sorry Jasper. I promise we'll be together some day and everything will be back to normal." You said to yourself, hoping Jasper could somehow hear you as you finally started to drift off into a slumber.

♦︎You suddenly found yourself somewhere you've never seen before but felt as if it was familiar to you. You were in a field filled with Quartz soldiers running and fighting with other gems. You looked down to see a large weapon in your hands. It was as if you were in a war of some sort. You didn't know what to do so you just stood there watching everyone run past you. "Hey you!" You heard a familiar raspy voice call for you from behind. "What are you doing, where's your squad!" You turned around and saw your Jasper with her helmet on.

She placed a strong hand on your shoulder and gave me piercing stare. "I-I don't know." You replied. "Ugh no time! Come with me." Jasper suddenly dragged you towards the battle where gems started to charge you and Jasper. "You take out the ones on the right! I'll clear at the left." She sounded stressed but menacing. You watched as Jasper rushed at some gems and quickly poofed them without hesitation. You soon faced back to see about 5 gems charging towards you. You had no choice but to attack, swinging your weapon at them and poofed 4 gems.

You began to feel chuffed as you poofed them all at once until you here Jasper again. "Oh no you don't!" You spun round to see a terrifying warrior towering over you, ready to swing until Jasper poofed them from behind. You were in shock as Jasper watched their gem fall to the floor and soon crushed them under her foot. "That was close. Come on." Jasper suddenly offered her hand to you and you gladly took it. You felt as if you knew Jasper your whole life as your dream turned into a memory as Jasper pulled you close.

"You're pretty good at fighting. What are you?" Jasper asked as if she didn't know you. "I-I'm a (G/n)." There was a moment of silence as her prideful look on her face turned into one of worry and dread. "WHAT?! WHY ARE YOU HERE?! YOU SHOULD BE BACK AT HOMEWORLD!" you were confused at what Jasper was talking about. "We have to get you back to the ship." Jasper dragged you back by the hand and ran. You struggled to keep up with her as you tripped over every so often. "Jasper! What is going on?" You asked

"You! Stop there." You looked over to see 3 gems all standing together. You recognise 2 of them being Garnet and Pearl. "Rose Quartz...wait, how do I know that-?"
"You." Jasper cut you off. "Rose Quartz! You shattered my Diamond!" She shouted as she dragged you behind her in order to protect you. "Stay behind me (G/n)." You stood behind and watched in terror. You saw the Rose Quartz looking at you with confusion. "A (G/n). What a shame you had to be dragged in this war." You had no idea what she was talking about either.

"You still have to pay for your actions against this world." She said calmly. Suddenly all three of them charged at you and Jasper. You feel back as Jasper lunged and attacked leaving you behind. "Jasper!" You called out as Pearl suddenly stood in front of you. "Well it looks like we have a (G/n). A superior gem in a battle field. What a shame. Doesn't matter, your still on this planet and you will pay for your actions!" Suddenly Pearl plunged her sword into you chest making you gasp. "(G/n)!" You heard Jasper screamed as you poofed.♦︎

You suddenly woke back up and gasped for air as you held your chest. You suddenly remembered everything from your past and who you were. You quickly got up and out of your hay stack, stumbling out of the barn into the moon light and fell to your knees. "Those traitors, they shattered my diamond." You got back up and started to drag your feet to the temple to search for Jasper in the basement . You realised how Jasper felt, betrayed, lost and confused. You wanted to be with your Jasper again and go back to Home World with her and reported everything to Yellow Diamond.

Once you reached the temple you opened the door to the house and walked in without caring about who was there. You saw Steven asleep in his bed so you made your way to the basement, where all the bubbled gems they collected, stayed. Once you were inside you searched around for Jasper's gem floating around. "There you are." You spotted your bubble, jumping up and grabbed it in you hands. "Now we can be free together." You popped your bubble so Jasper could reform but she didn't. She must still be healing as you did stab her with a metal strip.

"Don't worry Jasper, take as long as you need." You whispered, stroking the gem gently as you started to walk out of the basement. You were hoping that no one would notice you going missing with Jasper, after all they hid everything from you. You finally reached the main room but everyone was there. They all seemed to be waiting for you. "(G/n)? Are you ok?" Pearl asked as you placed Jasper's gem in the Jacket pocket and tried to play it cool. "Y-yeah, I'm fine." You said nervously. "Then why were you in the basement." Garnet said.

—x—x—x—x—x—
More chapters coming soooooooooon