9 | 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞: 𝐡𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐬 𝐬𝐮𝐜𝐤

      "EVERYONE, LISTEN UP!" Trent yelled through the bus filled with teenagers, a clipboard gripped tightly in his hand as he tried to quiet everyone down. Kennedy looked towards the front, along with everyone else, and listened to what he had to say about their new hotel. "Since Kennedy has recently joined us, some rearrangements for rooms have been made." Trent hesitated skimming through the list, finally his eyes landed on the final room with the last space. "I know the girls normally room together, but there's simply no room. There is one room with enough space."

  Griffins eyes widened slightly as he murmured a small, "Shit." under his breath. Making the curly-haired teen beside him furrow her eyebrows at him before swinging her attention back to the manager at the front of the bus.

   "Chase and Anthony's room is the one available one." A silence seemed to ripple through out the bus as most of the teenagers within knew how awkward the relationship between Anthony and Kennedy was. Although, Trent seemed fairly clueless as he continued on. "Everyone grab your room keys, and head on up! We have a meet and greet tomorrow night!"

    Everything started setting into motion as everyone seemingly got up at the same time, already into the usual schedule of going to hotels and settling down in a sense. "Wha- Griffin!" Kennedy grabbed his forearm to keep him from getting up. "What do I do? He hates me. I know he does," her voice cracked at the last part, her heart beating out of her chest at the idea of staying with Anthony in a room.

The older boy grimaced, putting his large hand over her tiny one. "Everything will be fine. You have Chase with you, nothings going to happen."

     She could only wish it was true.

✧ ✧ ✧

     Walking into the hotel room behind Chase, her breath caught in her throat as she saw Anthony putting his things on the bed closest to the door. She tried not to stare, not to completely observe how similar and yet different he looks from two months ago. He tensed as soon as he realized she'd come into the room, putting her own things on the only other bed.

  An awkward silence enveloped the room, causing Chase to shift foot from foot before placing his stuff on Anthony's bed. "Guess we'll be sharing!" He attempting to make his voice light, and make the atmosphere of the room less... tense. Anthony just nodded at what he said, trying to keep his eyes from wandering to where Kennedy stood, beginning to unpack her things.

An alarm went off, making all three teenagers jump before Kennedy realized it had just been her phone. Checking the screen, in bold letters, it read: PILL TIME. She reigned in a groan at the message and turned off the alarm. Rummaging through her purse, the curly-haired girl pulled out the orange bottle of pills; not noticing how both Chase and Anthony were staring at her curiously. She turned, about to grab a water bottle when Kennedy noticed their stares. "Uh, what?"

"I didn't know you took pills," Anthony spoke quietly, barely meeting her eyes as he stared at the bottle, trying to read what the prescription was. They'd been together for a long time beforehand, and he knew for a fact she'd never taken any other pill than birth control; so, what had changed?