A Fellow Journalist

Sarah and James strolled down to the docks, as an eager Sarah awaited the arrival of her mother. Her father had recently found a piece of property that he had wanted to show his wife before beginning construction on the house where the couple, along with Sarah could live. "Thank you again for agreeing to escort my mother and I to the frontier to visit father. I can't wait to see both father and my mother again," stated an eager Sarah.

"Really Sarah, it's no trouble at all. I've been asked to cover a story about rogues patrolling the land near some of the already finished settlements, finally an exciting story!" shouted an excited James.

"Just please be careful, what would I do without someone to argue with all day?" giggled Sarah.

"Oh please, you'd go insane and the paper would lack it's charming edge!" laughed James. At that moment the pair approached the ship near the dock as several men began unloading cargo.

"Oh James look, she'll be here any minute! Oh I can't wait to see her again, how I miss our small talk!" Sarah stated, barely being able to conceal her excitement. As the young woman finished her statement, another redhead woman was spotted at the top of the gangplank.

"Sarah, is that her?" whispered James, causing Sarah to turn around and face the ship.

"Oh it is! Mother, mother! Over here!" cried Sarah, drawing the other woman's attention. The woman then walked down the gangplank, every ounce of elegance and grace of a wealthy british lady, visible in each step.

"Sarah, dear please calm yourself, you are causing such a raucous," corrected Mrs. Phillips.

"I'm sorry mother, I'm just so excited to see you, and soon we will be visiting father as well!" giggled the excited girl, bringing a smile to her mother's face.

"It's alright dearest, I too am elated as well. Our family will be reunited for a visit once more. Now, as soon as your servant collects my bags, we can be on our way," stated Mrs. Phillips, her composure back once again.

"Servant? But mother, I don't have a servant, oh..you mean James! He's not a servant, he's a fellow journalist for Doctor Franklin," said an appalled Sarah.

"Great, just great, I'm her servant now!" muttered James, earning a good stomp on his foot from Sarah, causing the boy to yelp.

"Oh, my goodness I hadn't realized. I'm sorry my dear boy," said an embarrassed Mrs. Phillips.

"It's alright ma'am, I was working on the printing press this morning so I'm probably a mess," said James, biting his tongue and faking a smile.