Greatest Tempations

What if Dipper took Wendy's hand inside Mabel land?

I was furious. How could Mabel leave behind her family and friends to live in such a fake world! A world that hurt your eyes and pierced your eardrums! And what was worse was that Wendy and Soos also gave into temptation and joined this prison willingly! All these thoughts were causing my body to shake with anger. I grabbed the nearest stone and threw it as hard as I can across the pond. I watched as it bounced perfectly over and over again across the perfectly still water. "Ugh even my stone skips are perfect!  "I sat down and thought about Weirdmageddon; The apocalyptic takeover from the dream demon Bill cipher just a few days earlier "Who am I kidding. Maybe Mabel's right. It's a horror show out there. At least the air here is breathable." My thoughts were interrupted by a familiar voice behind me.  "Dude your talking to a river" Wendy said as she approached me from behind. "Oh hey Wendy. What's up?" I asked while she sat down next to me. My conflicting thoughts and feelings were really starting to take a toll on me; and I was still a little bitter about how she flat out abandoned our mission to hangout with her older teenage friends. "I thought you were busy wrecking the school or whatever" I dug my finger in the perfectly smooth grass as I grudgly waited for a response. "Yeah that got old quick. And this music is really starting to get on my nerves. I think that stuff you said about this place is right." I cheered up a bit knowing that Wendy was on my side. Even if this place was better than the crazy mess up world that we left, I knew that we needed to get out. "Really? Well now we just need a plan" my mind started racing of possible scenarios we could try to bring Mabel back to reality. But as always, Wendy was laid back without a care in the world. "Don't worry. You always think of something" she threw a stone across the same pond as I did. It also skipped perfectly over and over again until shooting in the air and blasting into a firework. I sat there in awe as Wendy just laid back and continued speaking as if nothing happened. "You know, your so much smarter than, like, everyone else." A slight grin crossed my face because of the compliment. It seemed a little random for someone like Wendy to say something like that, but I didn't mind; these last few days have been so crazy that a small compliment could go a long way. She then gave a small chuckle "it's kinda funny. If you were older. You'd be like, my dream guy." My heart then skipped a beat and I thought for a moment on what she was meaning. "Wait. Do you really mean that?" I asked. I couldn't tell if this was real or fake, If she was lying or actually telling the truth. So I just held my breathe as I waited for her to respond. "Wait a minute. In this place, you can be any age you want." I continued to hold my breathe and listen intently as she leaned over and fiddled with a little pink flower between us. "if we were the same age, maybe you and me could, I don't know, actually be together" I finally allow air to enter my lungs as I sat up in utter shock. "Wait really?!" I couldn't believe what she was saying. My thoughts were racing too fast for me to process. She sat up and turned to me with a more energetic tone of voice. "I bet if we asked Mabel, she could do it right now. In this place, it could finally be just you and me" I was so excited yet anxious. I knew everything in this place was fake. But for once I thought something was going to go right in my life. I didn't know if this was the real Wendy or not, but my heart was about to burst and I didn't even want to think about reality. She stood up and reached her hand toward me. Her beautiful red hair was blowing the wind as she smiled at me. "Come on man. Just take my hand" my mind and heart were racing to fast for me to slow them down. And my emotions seemed to burst when she winked at me and urged me to follow. I grabbed her hand and jumped to my feet. She gently squeezed my hand as we walked through the colorful streets back to Mabel's castle.

As I took each step closer to my new life, I glanced at the sights around me; and something seemed to click in my soul. The 80s music was actually music to my ears and the world around me seemed a little more friendly. And as I got closer to Mabel's castle, I forgot more and more about the outside world being attacked by a chaotic clan of horrifying demons. I felt more at home with my surroundings, and they became less and less fake. As we approached the waffle guards at the front gate, I took a step back and eyed them with caution; yet they joyfully welcomed me back. "welcome back Dipper. Mabel will be very excited that you decided to return. May we aid you in getting to her office?" They opened the gates and pointed inside the castle. "Umm no thank you I think we can manage." I looked up at Wendy and she immediately looked down at me and I gave her a confident wink as we walked inside the castle. I felt more and more happy as we entered each hallway up to Mabel's room. It seemed that I was leaving behind every care from reality as I took each weightless step. We entered Mabel's office just as she was about to head out and play some frisbee. At first she was a little confused by the fact that Wendy and I were holding hands as if we were dating. Yet Wendy quickly greeted Mabel and explained. "Hey Mabel! How's it hanging? So Dipper and I decided that we could finally be together if you change his age to be equal to mine." Mabel looked at both Wendy and I and screeched in a high pitched voice. "EEEEE! YOU GUYS!! OF COURSE I WILL HELP YOU!!! AHH YOU GUYS ARE SO CUTE TOGETHER!" And with that, Wendy stepped back and Mabel snapped her fingers.