1

/// = flashbacks
~~~ = timeskip

"Hey Dave, it's time for your medication!" Dave's sister yelled across the living room. "It's on the table over there."

Dave unwillingly walked towards the table and held his medication in his hands. It was a bottle filled with red liquid, bubbling. Dave sighed and chugged the whole bottle. He finished with a disgusted look on his face.

"Why do I need to take those medication?" Dave whined, throwing the bottle into the rubbish bin. "I don't even know what's in these things!"

"Dave, I'm sorry about your current situation." Dave's sister said with sympathy. "I'm sure the torture will end very soon, remember Dave, I'm always here by your side no matter what."

"Thank you."

Dave returned to his room, closing the door behind him.

///

"DAVE! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?"

"Nothing dad, is there a problem?"

"YOU LEAVE HER ALONE THIS INSTANT!"

"Why should I listen to you? I'm starving by the way, you wanted me to starve to death? Is that what you want?"

"THAT'S IT! YOU WILL REGRET THIS."

///

Dave cringed at the thought. Ever since then, he needed to take this stupid medication, but he had no choice. He overestimated his tolerance, and ended up hurting innocent people.

His thoughts were cut off by a notification from his phone. It's from TimeDeo.

>>hey wanna hop on Skyblock?

Sure why not?<<

Dave went and turned on his computer. He got in a call with TimeDeo and joined the Hypixel Skyblock server.

They went to get enchantment books for their new sword. When it got to one certain enchantment, it strucked Dave.

"Hey, you missed out Vampirism!"

"...Oh, right."

He proceeded to enchant his sword with Vampirism.

Why does everything remind me of that thing?

After a couple hours of playing Skyblock, they logged off and ended the call. It was fun spending time playing minecraft with his friends.

The word Vampirism seemed to not get out of his head. He hated that word, a lot.

///

"So, there's this new project which is going successfully, but we need a test subject."

"Where can we find a test subject?"

"Actually, I have one at my home."

"What a surprise, now we don't need to worry about finding a suitable test subject!"

~~~

"Dad, why are we here?"

"Don't worry son, this will solve everything."

"I have a bad feeling about this..."

"Hey you don't need to worry, everything's gonna be fine. Trust me Dave."

This is the moment when he regretted everything.

///

Dave looked over to his shoulder. It slowly reminded him about the pain. The pain of being tied up, forced to inject something that he had no idea about into his body. After that, he still trusted his dad. Oh what a fool he was, trusting him over and over again, being told that everything's going to be fine, constantly being tricked in circles. Yet, he still trusted his dad, letting him to take control over himself. Everytime when he stepped into the white room, he knew that he was going to have a bad time, and he still didn't say a word.

God what is wrong with me?

But he cannot say that the project was bad. After all the recalibration, the medicine seemed to start working. He realised he could walk under the sunlight, finally seeing the wonderful world. He could get out of his house and make friends.

But deep down he knew that it wasn't worth going through all the pain.

He's broken.

And there was no way to fix it.

===

End of Part 1