Chapter 1

Shiro's POV

"Where are they?" Coran looks around expectantly. "I thought you told Keith to hurry back?"

I sigh, knowing what comes next. Moody teenagers. "I did. They're probably just arguing again. I'll go check."

"Thank you." Allura chimes in, right before I exit to the hallway connecting the main room with the bedrooms.

I knock on Lance's door. "Hey, are you guys alright in there?" After a few seconds of waiting for an answer, I come to the conclusion that neither of them are going to respond.

Instead of waiting practically forever, I let myself inside.

"Lance? Keith?" I gently call out. Nobody answered, and all I could hear from the bathroom was a voice. It sounded like Lance, but I wasn't sure. I grabbed my bayard as a precaution.

Lance's POV

His question startled me. I couldn't just tell him... could I?

I turn my face to my thighs, grabbing the towel from in front of my feet and placing it over my exposed parts.

I sigh, and get ready to tell him everything. "You see, Keith..."

Shiro's POV

I put my ear up to the door before going in. I don't want to scare him if it is just Lance, and I also don't want to walk in on something if Keith is already here.

"You see, Keith..." Lance's voice rings out. "When I was little, something... really horrible happened to me."

Lance's POV

I am so scared. I can't even finish what I was going to say. I feel the bile start to climb it's way up my throat, when Keith takes a turn to talk.

"Hey, you don't have to share the details. I just want to know whether those scars were, y'know, self inflicted or not. From what you're saying, I'm guessing it's not." He pauses, his face turning a light rose color.

He kneels down in front of me, to where his face is at the same level as my stomach. He looks me in the eyes. "And, if you ever do want to talk... I'm here. I mean, as a paladin it's my duty to be there for my teammates." He's so cute when he gets all flustered!

I place my hand on his head, ruffling his hair. A smile makes it way into my face without permission, and I giggle quietly.

"Alright, red. Thank you. But... I think I am ready to talk about it. If you let me get dressed first!" I wink at him, and he shoots upright from his former position on the floor.

He scoffs, and walks out of the bathroom only to sit on my bed.

I get up, my skin practically throbbing from the pure rawness. I try my best to throw on my clothes quickly, but after my boxers and pajama pants were on, my knee gave out. I fell on the floor, barely catching myself on my hands. Keith quickly runs to my side.

"Are you okay?!" He worriedly asks, helping me up.

I look up at him and answer, "I'm fine! Just... help me over to the bed?"

"Of course... blue." He nervously answers.

He helps me walk from the white countertop in the bathroom over to my bed in the middle of my bedroom.

I settle myself, laying on my back with my hands folded across my chest.

Keith follows my lead, but is all wound up. His stiff shoulders shift in the quilt, when he asks, "So, you ready to talk now?"

I turn my head to him. "I think."

With that, I shift to my side so I'm facing him, close my eyes, and begin a horrible story.

"When I was little, my mom's brother, Rogelio, would come over often. He was always very handsy with the kids, but with me... he went another step." I nervously swallow. "He would, you know... touch me. He would tell me that nobody would believe me, and I was worthless. He was... rough, and scratched me all over. However, his favorite place was my thighs. He would scratch me until I was bleeding all over the place, then tell me to get over it. I'd have to wait until he was done with me to stop the bleeding."

I open my eyes slowly. I'm scared to see his reaction. However, his is one I never expected.

Keith's POV

"I'd have to wait until he was done with me to stop the bleeding." Lance finished.

My stomach twisted with every horrible word he spoke. What was done to him was just... wrong on so many levels. He didn't deserve that! For Christ's sake, he deserves so much better than that! He is always so delightful to be around, he cares for others deeply, he's a great fighter, and... and...

Tears start filling my eyes, spilling over my cheeks.

Lance opens his eyes, widening them as he sees my reaction. He quickly sits up.

"I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to..."

He pauses, waiting to see how I react. I simply reach up, throwing my arms around him, pulling in down into a tight hug. "Lance. You didn't deserve that. You deserve so much more than the whole galaxy, and what he did to you was so... wretched. I'm so sorry." I finish.

Shiro's POV

"So, where are they?" Coran asks as I walk into the med bay where they were treating some wounds Hunk got while on our mission.

I grin. "Oh, just talking their feelings out like teenagers do."

Pidge raises an eyebrow, but silently goes back to playing around with the new Galra tech she got.

"What does that mean?" Allura asks.

As an Altaean, I expect her teenage years were much different, and not filled with as many hormones.

"When humans get to a certain age, their body starts to change." Pidge and Hunk make barf faces. "And, with that change, comes hormones. It can cause irrational feelings, and can make them act erratically." I try to explain.

She puts her hand on her chin, thinking carefully. "I think I understand... is this why you humans act so weird?"

Pidge, Hunk, and I all laugh. Allura looks at Coran in confusion, and he does the same to her. I swear, aliens don't have the faintest idea what humans are like!

Hey guys! Sorry this took so long to come out. I hope you still enjoyed it though! And, yes, Klance IS gonna happen. If you dislike the ship that much, then feel free to not read. I'm not forcing any of you against your will. I swear. Not at all. Nope.