chapter one ➳ the gift

21st Of January 1990

11:22 am

"happy birthday princess!" my father shouted through the house bringing my presents. It was my 20th birthday today, my family and some friends are having a short brunch before a little party later on.

My three brothers Dante, Ryker (twins) and the oldest Giovanni with my mother and father Stephen and Aurora, along with my best friend katie— who happend to also be Dante's girlfriend. Back in 88' i found them hooking up at Dante's birthday party, i was shocked to say the least i was hurt that they went behind my back however i had never seen them so insanely happy, i accepted it and they have been going strong ever since.

Some others who joined us were Michael Jackson, Randy Jackson and Janet Jackson were also there. Yeah the Michael Jackson. My father met michael in 1982, he helped on thriller and also bad in 87' they have been close ever since.

Michael and I have a strong bond, best friends you could say however i've always had a massive crush on michael i mean who wouldn't? he's michael jackson but i never let him know that. Randy and I also happen to be quite good friends

"open it already grumps!" michael laughed from the other side of the living room, he had multiple nick names for me one being Grumps, others are Lay and Ads. I in return call him smelly or applehead.

"i ammmmm" i said sassily laughing as i picked up the tightly wrapped present from my mother and father. I opened it and it revealed a beautiful silver necklace with a medium sized diamond heart and my name— Adelaide, engraved on the back.

"wow thank you!" i smiled picking it up and examining it. My mother smiled and kissed my cheek. "your welcome mi amore" she smiled [ my love ]. "do you love it princess?" My father grinned. "yes papa it's absolutely stunning" i hugged him tightly.

"okay, one more" my father handed me and envelope. "what's this?" i smiled opening it carefully.

"oh my god.." i chuckled in disbelief. It was tickets to Italy in july, it had been years since we have been there and seen all of our family.

In 1975, we moved from Rome to Los Angeles for my father to get a grasp of his dream career. I was only 5 but with that we had to leave our family and friends behind. I miss them terribly.

Especially my closest friend, Angelo Ramano. Angelo and myself have been friends since we were baby's. He has always been a massive part of my life and we talk on the phone for hours on end, i finally get to see him again after all of these years.

Tears welded up in my eyes. "wh- i- thank you!" i hugged my mother and father tightly.

"and there is another ticket there so you can pick whoever you want to go with you" my mother smiled. "wow.." i laughed brushing the tears away that threatened to pour out of my eyes.

"thank you so so so much" i said softly.

"here little sis!" Giovanni perked up handing me another envelope. "this is from all three of us" he smiled pointing to himself and Ryker and Dante. "thank you" i smiled getting up hugging them.

I opened the envolope and saw it was VIP tickets to Guns N Roses 'use your illusion' tour.

"stop! no! is this a joke!?" i squealed. I absolutely adore Guns N Roses, i'm going to meet them!?

"nope, thanks to michael we were able to get them" Ryker chuckled. "thank you everyone.." i smiled admiring the tickets. "here! this is from dunk and i" randy mentioning dunk who is janet he smiled picking me up and spinning me around as he handed me my gift. "thank you rands" i kissed his cheek and hugged him tightly. They got me a personalised leather jacket it was stunning it had my initials
-

6:34pm.

As some of my other close friends— Lindy and Kerry Anne came over.

"Hey adelaide!" Kerry anne hugged me tightly. "hey lovely" i giggled. "Linds!" i smiled sweetly and hugged her. "Ah my Ads" she chuckled.

"I'm terribly sorry we couldn't join this morning, worked had us tied up" Kerry Anne rolled her eyes. Kerry Anne and Lindy own a cafe and record store downtown and it's called 'Miss Vintage'

"oh please, don't worry about it, here sit" i smiled ushering them to a seat. "what's the rush?" Lindy asked. "she's always rushing" Michael chuckled poking his head around the corner. "hi michael how are you?" Kerry Anne asked. "i'm good and you?" he nodded politely. "very well thank you" she smiled.

"i know your friends with the jacksons but it stuns me everytime he pops up" Lindy laughed nervously. Michael giggled, oh my god that gorgeous giggly. "hey Lay, can i give you your gift in private?" he whispered into my ear. "of course" i nodded. "one second ladies" i chuckled walking away with michael.

We walked to the back door and grabbed our jackets and walked out into the very private backyard.

"ah it's chilly out here" he chuckled. "indeed it is" he smiled. "so" he said reaching into his pocket. "i got you just a little..something" he smiled pulling out a small box. "oh michael.. you shouldn't have" i chuckled pulling him into a tight hug. "yes i most certainly should've grumps" he hugged me back just as tight. "ah michael!" i gasped at i pulled out a beautiful gold bracelet. "applehead it's beautiful" i smiled pulling it out of the box carefully. "i'm glad you like it Lay" he laughed.

"help me?" i asked uncliping the bracelet. "of course" he smiled clipping the bracelet onto my wrist. "you like it?" he grinned widely. "like it!? smelly i love it!" i laughed admiring it. "yay! i'm glad.. we'll dunk did help me" he snickered. "it's wonderful.." i starred at the beautiful charms that were on it.

"you two! get inside now!" Katherine appeared out of nowhere. "oh hello mother! right away" he giggled taking my hand and running inside to escape the cold.

-

[ a/n: so i'm re-writing this for the third time and i'm terribly sorry but i finally know where i wanna go with this story and how i want it to be written so i'm very excited anyway enjoy! ]