Chapter 1

The year was 2005-2006, when I was 16. Also in sophomore year in high school. Ah, the good ol' days. Back when I was still full of hope. Ah how the times have changed.

I was leaning against the fence near the gate. I wore a bright green short sleeved t-shirt and blue jeans. My sneakered feet were planted just so to seem laid back. I was waiting for someone, a friend. Shocking?

It shouldn't really, as it's Hunter. Usually Hunter and Andy come together, but Andy had texted in the group chat that he was sick and not coming. Yeah right, knowing him, he probably got drunk as all balls at a collage party. Little shit's not even graduating high school this school year.

Students stood around waiting for school to start. I caught a few groups talking about the new student that we were supposed to have. They were wondering weither or not if it was male or female, if they were cool or a nerd. I scoff lightly, pushing my thick-rimmed black glasses up my nose again.

Why does it matter if they are a nerd or not? I thought, before nearly jumping out of my skin when an arm wrapped around my shoulders. I quickly look at the person. Calming down when I see Hunter, he was saying somethhing. Maybe I should tune in.... Yeah I should.

"....and we will fight to the moon and back, right?" Hunter looked at me quizzically. "Uh..... What?" I bite my bottom lip slightly. He rolled his eyes and groaned. "Of course you didn't listen, always in that head of yours." He sighed and continued as I rolled my eyes. "ANYWAY," he said loudly "it doesn't matter."

I raise an eyebrow. "You sure?" I ask. He just nods. "Yeah, just a game I was talking about." I form an o shape with my mouth. "We gonna go visit Mr. Gets-to-go-to-collage-parties-and-drinks-his-ass-off later today?" I giggle softly at the name. I shrug "I think I can, just need to ask my parents, I'm sure they wouldn't mind, since they know and like Andy." He nods slightly. "Cool" obviously Hunter can go, he gets to go anywhere without asking his parents, I get jealous of that fact sometimes.

Just then the bell rings and students are let in. We shuffle in after the hoard and go to our lockers, before heading to class. Or I would have, had I not bumped into someone.