Chapter Thirty - One Year Later

"Okay, I love you and all, but I will literally kill you if there's no chocolate flavored ice cream and shortbread in your bag." Aka greeted as the door flung open to reveal their guest.

Tseju smiled, rolling her eyes.

Yemisi rolled her eyes and scoffed. "Ignore her, she's having cramps." She reached and hugged Tseju, giving her a light peck on her left cheek.

"It's true!!!!!!" Akande moaned dramatically. "I'm dying!!!!! Lumberjacks are at it on my waistline!!!!"

Tseju almost choked from laughter. One year later and Akande's antics seemingly renewed every other day. Seriously, kudos to whoever wrote this girls script! She was madness personified.

Yes, today made it one year and one day since she'd started dating her Chocolate Man. Yesterday had been the most beautiful day ever. He'd spoilt her silly with gifts, showered her lavishly and shamelessly with attention and then they'd had the best candle lit dinner ever. She was gonna give him his gift today. She just hoped everything went as she hoped it would.

"Good evening to you too Aka." Tseju said, handing over one of the white cellophanes she held, the one containing Akande's period crack - Chocolate ice cream and Shortbread.

"You brought ittt!!!!" Akande squealed, mock crying. "I'd hug you, but I'm bleeding and i don't want to get pregnant."

Yemisi face palmed. She sometimes wondered who she'd offended and had decided to punish her with her fathers dad jokes and Aka's period drama.

"Wow! Just wow!" Tseju shook her head laughing.

"Right. Right. Laugh at the suffering girl why don't you. Anyways, you have 30 minutes until he gets here, so you better start setting up. Plus, I'm leaking blood while lumberjacks cut down trees in my belly, which means I'm gonna be completely useless to you, sooo amma just be upstairs in my room wolfing down this chocolate ice cream and picking a fight with Mannie for no good reason. Okay? Love you, bye." She flashed Tseju and Yemisi her passive maniac smile and waddled up the stairs like a pregnant penguin.

Tseju shook her head smiling. She felt sorry for Mannie. She was sure that when the poor boy asked Akande out, he never expected the madness that came with the cuteness.

"So, how's your mom? It's been a while since I spoke to her." Yemisi asked as they began decorating the small sitting room.

Tseju smiled as she lit one vanilla scented candle. "She's fine. She's added weight sef."

"Ah ah!!! Awwwwww!!" Yemisi's smile beamed even wider.

"Yes ohh. She screenshotted it and sent to me and Dafe. We were so happy mehn."

"It only gets better love. It only gets better."

Tseju smiled again. This time, she dropped the tray of cookies in her left hand on the table and reached over to hug Yemisi.  "Thank you. For everything."

Yemisi smiled and nodded. "That's what family is for. We gotchu. Any day, any time. Now, that's all yea?" She asked.

"Yea, thanks again."

"Alright love. Remember, we're upstairs and can choose to walk in at annnyyyy time so no x-rated stuff okay?"

"Ew! Bye!"

They both laughed.

Tseju sat on the black armchair opposite the 56 inch LED flatscreen TV that Chuks has gotten Bayo as a housewarming gift following the completion of his house in Benin. The reflection of the flame of the scented candle resting on the table in front of her danced in her eyes. She looked around the small sitting room and smiled, satisfied with her work.