Prologue: 2 Years After the Twilight Saga

It was Heaven. It had to be! I finally had her, all of her, forever. Or well, as long as she stays the way she is...Our child, healthily on the way. Ruby..Ruby Black. The perfect name. I love her, the unborn fetus, and I love Renesmee, in her wonderful perfectness. All I've ever wanted. A family, that Bella couldn't give to me. And I can protect her. I will protect her, and I will protect her with my goddamn life.  

Soon, my baby will be born. Me, Jacob Black, a FATHER! This is beyond my  wildest dreams. I can't believe that in less than a week I will be, well, never, ever alone.  I will die (well, not literally) for them. My family. Wow. I'm going to have a family! I can't believe how quick these years have gone by. After the war with Aro and the others, all of the other vampire covens returned to their home. Renesmee continued to grow at an alarmingly fast rate, but stopped short at the age of 16. Although she was frozen at that age, her body was still able to undergo changes, hence little Ruby on the way. Bella and Edward are still happily together, though we all moved away from Forks to a small, rainy town in Massachusetts called Douglas. That is where the Cullens, the Hales, Renesmee and myself have been living for about a year and a half. 

Renesmee attended school for a short amount of time, at the public middle school, Douglas Middle, when she looked about seventh-grade age. She made a few friends, and they still keep in contact, although she never hangs out with them, or sends any pictures of herself.  About three months later, Renesmee reached full maturity and we began to develop a more romantic relationship. Although she still prefered to drink blood, Renesmee could still eat and drink human food.  After a few dates, we took things to a more..serious level, and who would appear but little Ruby! Now, the baby will be born in a few hours, if not minutes. 

THE WATER'S BROKEN! Aurgh! I'm so nervous! Little Ruby, about to be born. I can't wait. My baby. Me and Renesmee's baby. Never in a million years... I wonder what she will look like? A werewolf / vampire baby. Huh! Probably the first of her kind. And now the moment I had lived for, the birth of my child. I saw Renesmee's knuckles, while from clutching the arms of the chair. I saw Bella and Edward, looking thoroughly frightened. And finally, I heard a gasp, a flash of fur and fangs, and a screeching wail piercing through the air.  "WAAAAAAAAA!!" The scream broke the awed silence. Everyone was staring. Staring at my daughter.