Chapter One

Ruby POV..

" RUBY! COME DOWN HERE! " I heard my dad, Jacob, bellow from downstairs. I quickly ripped the earbuds out of my eats, getting them caught in my waist - length russet brown hair ion the process. " COMING! " I yelled back.  Whatever my dad was screeching aout now, I didn't really care. I disappeared and reappeared right in front of my dad. "Aruhg! Ruby, I told you not to do that!" I grinned sheepishly. " Sorry Dad.."

Suddenly, my dad looked very sad. " Dad, what's wrong..? " He turned his eyes toward me.            " Ruby, my cousins are coming to visit me. " I gaped at him." But..But you said that that they wouldn't talk to you after you had me with Mom! " He nodded. " But they one that is coming to see us had her own issue. She imprinted on a female instead of the opposite gender. Now, you know that we accept everyone, because obviously we can't judge, so I invited them and their daughter Blair to come stay with us. "

I gasped. A girl. I haven't admitted it yet, and I obviously had no proof, because I didn't go to school yet, but I was pretty sure that I was lesbian. And finally having contact with someone who was remotely like me, and even maybe my age, was very nerve - racking. " Dad? Is Blair.. A werewolf..? "

My dad looked at me and nodded. " Yes, she is. She just embraced it a few months after she turned 15 years old. " I shuddered. She was a werewolf AND she was my age. I hurriedly threw an excuse at my Dad. "igottagoclean myroomokayyeatalktoyoulaterbye! " He looked at me nervously and watched as I popped out and back into existence.

Outside, I can think. Outside I can be ME. I pulled the beanie off of my head, revealing beautiful, but quite rumpled, russet brown ears. I untied my hair, letting it fall down to my waist. I uncovered the patch on the bottom of my pants, and a large russet tail burst out. I focused, and felt my senses branch out. Props to my mom and dad for breaking the laws of their species and having me. Its cool. I have the vampire senses and taste buds, though I hunt animals, and werewolf features.  I also have some special vampire powers, which is how I pop in and out of existence. 

After a few hours in the woods, I pulled my hat back on and walked back inside, still allowing my tail to hang loose. I went to the kitchen and grabbed a foam cup full of blood. Gulping it down, I pulled my beanie off. I didn't feel like hiding today. Just as I threw the cup away, I heard the sound of three pairs of paws running up to the house. I popped out onto the front porch, just in time to see the huge wolves approaching.  The smallest of the three ran right up to me. In a weird spout of happiness, I laughed and reached down to pet the sandy colored head that reached up to my middle.

All of a sudden, the wolf began to transform back into a human. She became a tall, attractive 15 year old with the same sandy colored hair as the wolf. "Hey shortie," She said. " You must be Ruby. I've heard so much about you! "