-21-

-21-

"What if she doesn't like me?" Destini asked, running her hands down her flower dress.

Cypress laughed and placed a kiss against Destini's forehead. "My daughter will love you."

Cypress found it cute that Destini was so nervous about meeting his daughter.

"Do you really think so?" Destini asked, looking unsure.

Both of them were standing outside of Cypress's front door.

"Are you ready?" Cypress asked, squeezing her hand.

Destini sighed. "I think so."

Cypress opened the door and was greeted by a little girl who looked just like him. She was wearing pigtails, which Destini thought was just the cutest. Destini smiled when Cypress picked her up and gave her a hug.

"Daddy, I missed you," Lillie said.

Cypress smiled. "I missed you too, baby girl. I want you to meet someone special," Cypress said, motioning for Destini.

Destini gave Lillie a small smile and wave. "Hi, Lillie. My name is Destini."

Lillie tucked her face into the nape of Cypress's neck. Destini laughed at Lillie's shyness.

Cypress gave Destini an apologetic stare. "I'm sorry. She can be a bit shy."

"It's okay. I understand," Destini said.

"Lillie, Destini is my friend. She came all the way over here to see you," Cypress said, patting Lillie's back.

"Really?" Lillie asked, peeking at Destini over Cypress's shoulder.

"I sure did," Destini said, smiling.

Lillie smiled back and Destini noticed some of her teeth were missing.

"Daddy, can Destini stay for dinner?" Lillie asked.

Cypress smiled. "She sure can if she wants to," Cypress said, glancing in Destini's direction.

"I would love to," Destini said.

All three of them made it into the living room. Destini noticed an older lady with curly salt and paper hair that came to her shoulders watching TV. The woman had a few smile lines but other than that she looked good for her age. Destini suspected she was in her sixties. Her skin tone was dark chocolate and glowed against the sunlight peeking through from the window blinds. The older woman turned and smiled at the three of them.

"Thank you, Mabel. I appreciate you watching Lillie again for me," Cypress said.

"It's no problem. Who might this be?" Mabel asked, her eyes landing on Destini.

Cypress pulled Destini close. "This is my girlfriend, Destini."

Destini's eyes widened at him calling her his girlfriend. She never expected that to come out of his mouth.

"I've heard so much about you," Mabel said, stepping forward giving Destini a hug.

"I hope it wasn't too bad," Destini said, once the hug ended.

They all laughed.

"I'm going to heat up dinner," Mabel said, heading towards the kitchen.

The remaining three of them sat down on the couch with Lillie in the middle. Lillie continued to stare at Destini, which Destini found funny.

"You're pretty," Lillie said, matter of fact.

"Thank you. You're pretty too. I love your pigtails," Destini said smiling.

"Daddy did them," Lillie said.

Cypress grinned. "I had to learn," he said, shrugging.

"That is so cute," Destini said, teasing Cypress.

Lillie got up and started playing with her barbie dolls on the carpeted floor.

"I think she likes you," Cypress said.

"You think so?" Destini asked.

Cypress nodded. "She wouldn't be talking to you if she didn't."

Mabel returned later after Lillie made Destini and Cypress play with the barbies along with her.

Mabel laughed. "It's time to eat."

Destini's mouth watered when she saw the food placed on the dining table. It was pork-chops, cabbage, cheese potatoes, and for dessert was a German chocolate cake.

"This looks so delicious," Destini said, putting portions of the food on her plate.

"Help yourself," Mabel said, motioning for her to add more food to her plate.

Destini rubbed at her stomach and sighed. "I'm so full."

It was just Destini and Cypress back on the couch. It was late so Mabel went to help Lillie get ready for bed.

Cypress laughed. "You ate too much. Now, I'm going to have to give you a harder workout tomorrow."

Destini groaned. "Take it easy on me."

"You should have listened to me," Cypress said.

Destini pouted. "You're so unreasonable."

Cypress laughed harder. "I'm sorry," he said, wrapping her in his arms.

Destini smiled and laid her head against his chest. "I really appreciate you letting me meet Lillie."

"I'm happy you agreed to meet her," Cypress said, stroking her hair in a soothing manner.

"So, I'm your girlfriend now?" Destini asked.

"It slipped out. I know we didn't disc-"

"I'm happy to be your girlfriend, Cypress," Destini said, placing a peck on his lips.

Cypress smiled. He had tried his hardest to not give in to her but he couldn't help it. He knew he fell down the rabbit when he first started training her. It was inevitable for him not to start liking her and having feelings for her.

"I'm so happy and full," Destini said, closing her eyes.

Cypress laughed. "You better not be going to sleep."

Destini smiled while keeping her eyes closed. "I'm taking a nap."

"You promised to watch a movie with me," Cypress said, brushing her cheek with his thumb.

"Give me five minutes to regenerate," Destini said, tightening her grip around his waist.

Cypress patted her bottom and Destini squealed.

"What was that for?" Destini asked, grinning.

"I had to wake you up," Cypress said.

Destini slit her eyes at him. "You just wanted to touch my butt."

Cypress shrugged. "That too."

Destini rolled her eyes. "Just for that, I get to choose the movie."

"That's fine," Cypress said, choosing the movie that she wanted.

They settled closer together for the comedy movie.

"I forgot to ask. Do you mind going on a double date with my sister Melanie and her fiance?" Destini asked, glancing away from the movie to look up at him.

"Sure, that's not a problem," Cypress said.

Destini smiled and returned to watching the movie, not noticing the frown that claimed Cypress's features.

***

Hey, guys. Thanks for reading this chapter. If you liked this chapter, don't forget to comment, vote, and share.