Life is like a box of chocolates

The year 2000 was a year on many emotional change, but not much actual change. No new wars emerged and no government ideologies emerged. All in all, it was just an average year, the perfect way to start a new millennium.

The city of Orlando was very bland with the exception of its world class amusement parks. From Disney World to Universal Studios, there was always something for each member of the family. Add to that a 75 minute ride to the beach, and you had the perfect city for the god of childhood to reside.

Ever since the 90's, Perseus had started to manage a hotel in Orlando. With hospitality being one of his domains, it wasn't long before the small hotel grew into a big conglomerate. Even with its big establishment, the High Season Hotel & Spa maintained its policy of treating every guest as family.

Perseus loved to work hands on with the people. Any problem that they might experience, Perseus was there to fix it without any delay. From high executives to lower class families, everyone was able to enjoy the hotel at a great price. It broke the social barriers inside the hotel, as it delivered everything for everyone. There were high class restaurants for those sophisticated folks and McDonalds for those unfortunate families.

One day, Perseus was sitting in his office, doing some paperwork, when his phone rang. Not thinking twice about it, the god of tides picked up the phone.

"Mr. Jackson, your nine o'clock appointment with Ms. Love starts now. Should I send her in?" A female asked

"I don't have any appointments today" Perseus told his secretary

"No sir, you have this one appointment. The rest of the day is clear"

Perseus tried to recall a meeting scheduled for the day but failed to do so. As far as he remembered, he had decided to do all of the paperwork that day because he wouldn't have any interruptions.

Unsure of what to say, Perseus decided to let the person in. "Alright Claudia, send her in"

The office door opened and a woman entered. The woman held an aura of superiority, mixed with a flirtatious nature. Her skin was healthy tanned and her auburn haired flowed freely. To Perseus, this woman resembled his wife a little bit too much, which made him immediately cautious about her approach.

The woman swung her hips as she walked, able to seduce any man that would see her from a 100 mile radius.

"Perseus Jackson at your service" He extended his hand

The woman shook it lightly, "Amanda Love"
She sat in front of Perseus, putting her purse on her lap and one leg on top of the other.

"Well, what brings you here today Ms. Love. Is there something that you need fixed?" Perseus asked

"Oh nothing is the problem. I just came here to listen who you are Perseus. Tell me, who are you" Amanda said in a trancelike state.

Perseus, being caught off guard, was about to tell his whole life story to this new person, but something inside of him stopped him from doing so.

"You're Aphrodite aren't you?" Perseus asked

"Well aren't you a smart one" Aphrodite smirked

"What are you doing here Milady?"

Aphrodite sunk into the seat, "I just wanted to see the god that has passed in the shadows for a few decades now. First working as a lifeguard, then in a day care, then designing clocks, and now here in a hotel. Quite a life you've built by yourself"

"How did you find me?" The god of tides asked

"You think that a man who makes every girl he meets fall head over heels for him would pass unnoticed on my radar? Gods no. I think it was 1960...I'm not sure but it was after the Second World War when I first noticed you existed. Since then, I've tried to track you down, but just when I was close enough to catch you, you disappeared. How did you do that Perseus?"