01: Mission?

'Bitch I don't need introduction, follow my simple instruction'

■■■■■
Alexis
■■■■■

A cold sweat lay thickly upon my skin, my breathing erect, my heart pumping, my feet clashing against the pavement as I continued to run. The cold morning breeze blew against me, the grey clouds looking down at me, deciding whether to burst or withhold the water droplets. I continue my morning run, welcoming the harsh winter coldness.

It was just past 6 AM. Most people are just waking up. I look at them, some tumbling out of their homes, rushing into their car's and driving off as if they never got their driving licence. Some still half asleep as they walk aimlessly on the pavements, in my way as I move past them.

6 AM is the time when the city finally wakes up. It's when the crime rate drops, sinners hide away, almost afraid of the light - the morning.

"Morning Lexi."

"Morning Harry, how are you?" I say, slowing down just as he starts sprinting beside me.

"Good... Good. Nervous, of course, but excited too."

I chuckle, "Any day now. How's Amanda? I hope you're taking care of her."

"Always. The cravings are crazy. Honestly, last night, she wanted to eat mud. Mud! Who eats mud?!" A smile so big appears on his face as he talks about his wife and her weird ass cravings. He talks about her in a way that shows just how much he loves her.

"Pregnancy." I laugh.

"Yeah."

"When's she due, Ha–" The ring of my phone cuts me off. I pull my phone out of my pocket, coming to a halt as I look down at the caller ID. "Sorry Harry, I have to take this. I'll see you around."

"Alright, bye."

I wave him off, then answer the phone call.

"Rain speaking."

"Morning Rain, it's Ross here. Can you come to the office?"

"I'll be there in 30 minutes."

"OK. See you."

The phone hangs up, and I start walking towards my apartment building. It was a short walk as I reached the complex; pressing the button to the lift and getting inside. The doors open, and it doesn't take me long to get to my apartment: inserting the key, pushing the door open, and taking off my trainers.

Deciding against a coffee, I head to my room, opening the wardrobe and pulling out a black and white jumpsuit, undergarments, and a pair of red heels. Laying them out on the bed, I head for a shower, wanting to get out of my shorts and sports bra.

It doesn't take long for me to clean myself up and dress in sophisticated formal attire.

My job requires me to be on call 24/7, along with making demands left, right, and centre. It doesn't matter much to me, though; I'm someone who has no one to lose, so I'm best suited for this job.

I grab my keys and head back down towards the parking lot. My car - a Mercedes-AMG G63 - beeps as I unlock it, pulling myself up into the driver's seat and roaring the car to life. I pull out of the parking lot, driving towards my office.