Chapter 2

03:11:18

Ever since that encounter yesterday, Adrien couldn't stop thinking about the bluenette. He couldn't forget the way she laughed, her smile, her sweet personality, and everything else about her. He still remembered her voice as if it were his own.

Adrien took a seat in front of his piano with the horizontal lines and notes of his sheet music spread out in front of him. He had no classes today and he canceled the scheduled piano lessons, so he spent most of the day practicing for his upcoming gig and studying for finals.

The room still had a couple pages of sheet music scattered here and there, but at least it didn't look like Godzilla had wrecked his room anymore.

After a couple hours of practicing, Adrien stepped out of the piano room and headed for the front door. Nino was out, so Adrien was left on his own for a while.

~

Marinette sat down on a park bench with her sketchbook in her lap. Normally she would be sketching out a new fashion design, but this time she wanted to try something different. She remembered the blond from yesterday, and attempted to draw as much as she remembered about him.

Not remembering what clothes he wore, Marinette ended up drawing the boy wearing a black, skintight suit, a mask, and cat ears. He looked just like the fictional superhero Chat Noir from the movies. She giggled at her drawing.

Close enough.

The bluenette turned to a new page in her sketchbook and began sketching out the scenery of the park. The fountain, bright sky, blinding sun, green grass, and all that.

"Hey girl," a voice said from nearby.

Marinette jumped and shot her head up to look at Alya, who had a boy next to her.

"Hey Alya!" Marinette greeted with a smile.

Alya gestured to the boy by her side, "This is Nino"

Nino smiled and held his hand out to her. Marinette took his hand and shook it before introducing herself to him. She's heard many things about Nino, Alya's boyfriend. Alya has talked about him quite often.

"Shoot, I should have brought Adrien along," Nino said, "He seemed like he didn't want to be bothered, so I didn't bring him"

"It's alright," Alya said, "We'll see him in a few days anyways"

Marinette blinked in confusion, "Who's Adrien?"

"My roommate," Nino replied, "And best friend. Me, him, and Alya have been good friends since collège"

Marinette smiled softly. She didn't have many friends, if not any, until she started her first year of université two years ago since she's done online school her whole life. After applying to a number of schools on her last year of lycée, she was accepted into one in Paris. She met Alya recently when they were assigned as roommates after Alya's former roommate transferred out of the country.

"Nino and I are going to get ice cream," Alya said, "You should come with us"

Marinette closed her sketchbook, "I'd love to"

And with that, Marinette, Alya, and Nino made their way out of the park and into the city.

Meanwhile, Adrien took a stroll through the park, admiring the scenery of a sunny day in Paris. Great weather to end spring quarter with. He made his way to an empty bench near the fountain and sat down. He closed his eyes, feeling the gentle wind blow his golden locks back as his other four senses took over. The park was completely isolated, and there was no sound except for the rustling of the trees that stood nearby and the water splashing in the fountain. A calming and relaxing scene, just what he needed to relieve his stress for the following week.

Adrien took in a deep breath through his nose and exhaled slowly. A small smile tugged at his lips as he relaxed into nature around him.

His moment was interrupted when his phone vibrated in his pocket. Annoyed, Adrien opened his eyes and took out his phone to see a text message from Nino asking where he was. Adrien told him his location and with a sigh, stood up from the bench. He placed his phone back in his pocket and headed back towards his apartment.

03:09:21

Adrien and Nino arrived at the bar on the night of Adrien's gig. Adrien had dressed himself up in a black tuxedo with a bowtie and black dress pants一a typical musician's performance outfit. His emerald green eyes scanned the crowded room until they attached themselves to the black grand piano seated on the large stage, shimmering underneath the blinding rays of the spotlight.

Nino patted his best friend's back, "Go on up there, bro. You'll do great like always"

Adrien nodded and stepped towards the stage. Once he reached the piano, he briefly adjusted his bowtie before sitting down. Adrien stretched his fingers out for a short moment before relaxing them on the shining ivory keys. All the customers were busy chatting among each other, so nobody noticed the musician that had walked onstage.

Adrien inhaled a long breath through his nose before starting a little warmup. Immediately, a loud, crisp, and melodic sound erupted from onstage as his fingers danced along the keys with blistering speed. All the chattering in the room began to die down as more and more people noticed the music and turned their attention to the stage. The sound of the musician's melodies echoed throughout the room, bringing a chill to everyone who heard it. Nino smiled proudly at his best friend.

The audience watched in awe as Adrien's fingers moved with the music. While the piano sounded, the door opened, and Alya and Marinette stepped inside. Marinette's mouth dropped open in awe the second she stepped through that doorway, like she was looking at a glowing sunset. Her reaction had been caused both by what she heard and because of who the musician was.

Right there, playing onstage, was the handsome blond she met at the grocery store not too long ago.