Chapter 1 Cloves P.O.V

So, i hope you like this new story!!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Clove Elizabeth Heartsworth!  Get up right now!” I heard my mom shout.  “The reaping starts in 20 minutes.”

“I’m coming mom,” I groaned and sat up.  I’ve been entered into the reaping once a year since I was the age of twelve.   I lived in the wealthier part of district 2, so I never had to take out any tesserae.

“Get up now Clove!” my mom shouted again.  “I will not have a daughter who’s a lazy oaf!”

“I’m coming! Don’t get your swords in a twist!” I got up and put on my best dress.  Ugh, thank god the reaping only happens once a year.

After checking in, I went to stand with the girls in the 15 year-old section.   My older sister, Lyme, went to stand with the 18 year-olds.   Our district representative, Lyzee (A/N this is pronounced Lies) walked up to the podium and greeted us.  After the usual video, Lyzee walked up to the girl’s sphere.  She rummaged around for a few moments, before picking a slip of paper.  She unfolded it, and read the name in a crisp, clear voice.  “Clove Heartsworth.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Like i said before, i hope you like this story! Who is your favorite character?  Please comment!!!!    Thanks!!!!

May the odds be ever in your favor!   XOXO