"Stitched" Part 3

"Stitched"

Whatever wounds were stitched together felt ripped open. We fell into the corner of his glass box. The entire room fell silent. Tears are blinding my pupils as my hands feel for him. The pain makes my vision blurry. I don't know if he can barely cry or if I'm fading out. I black out.

I always thought that she could make me cry the most. But, seeing her and my child on the floor broke me down. Survivor's remorse is really killing me.  She's bleeding, and I don't know if I should move them. "DOC", I holler in the same second him and a nurse appear. We're questioned. They're eyes go back and forth between the two of us. "It's my fault", he says with regret. "I pushed him and this is the outcome. Kemper, I'm really sorry, man. But you have what's mine." " You tried to kill what's mine!" I'm more hurt than anything. "Call the police. Have him arrested." "I will not be moved until I know they're okay." Could I be mad at him for that? The doctor and I slowly turned G over. The front of her gown is slowly soaking with red. No. No! "We have to place her on the bed so she can be worked on. Get Dr. Ricks!" The nurse came back with him. I had to help lift the incubator. Her blood was on the corner of it. The feel of it on my hand gave me a headache. I'm glancing at my son. He looks like he's in pain. His chest looks funny as he breathes and scrunches his face. No.. Next thing I know, I'm paces back and one doctor is working on her. The other is working on him. Lord, please be their shield.

What have I done? I'm mad at myself because I lost my queen because of my actions. But, now, I've really lost her and my actions could cost them their child. As much as I can't stand Kemper, I wouldn't wish this on him. I stay even further back. Gecko looks like she can't feel a thing. The baby looks like he's on the edge of life. I'm so sorry. I really want to apologize but this man is watching the line between life and death. He falls to his knees and prays out loud. I join in on the prayer. "Lord, make a way. Amen." Before I know it, handcuffs are on me and I'm being pulled out the room. "No! Wait!" "You have to come with us." In that moment their heart monitors is all I hear. One is half a second late. But, I could've died right, handcuffed and walking out the door. When I turned around, I was too late. Kemper screamed for a thousand men. This time I fell mute. There's one flatline.

                                                 Gecko, Kemper, Jess
                                                    chamyl ati leumas