Chapter 27: Rings

JJ had convinced the local authorities to invite them in and the team was on their way to Chicago, Illinois.

JJ had fallen asleep with Emily beside her so the brunnette got up and sat down beside Morgan.

"Morgan I need help." Emily said to the agent scrolling through what appeared to be cat photos on his phone.

"Oh," Morgan cleared his throat when he noticed she was looking, "they're um for Garcia." He nodded.

"Of course." Emily laughed.

"So you need help?" He inquired.

"Yes." Emily said and looked back at the blonde agent to make sure she was indeed asleep. When she decided it was clear she pulled something out of her pocket. A box. It was small and velvet. She opened it and showed its contents to Morgan. He gasped.

"Emily oh my god!" He whispered. "You're gonna-" He looked behind him subtly. "You're gonna propose to her!" He whisper yelled. She smiled and nodded. Inside the box was a ring. It was small with a rosy pink diamond in the middle and one smaller white one on either side. "Emily its beautiful." Morgan said.

"Yeah, I got it engraved too." She said passing the ring to Morgan. Blackbird was engraved on the inside of the ring.

"Emily... its absolutely beautiful." He said in awe.

"Really? Because I worried alot about if it was cheesy and if the ring was good enough and well, if shes gonna say yes.

"Oh come on of course she will." He smiled. "You guys are having a baby. Thats a bigger commitment than marriage."

"You're right about that." She smiled. "So when should I do it? I was gonna do it as soon as the ring was done but I think I'm going to wait until the case is done."

"Yeah do it when we get back."

"Okay thankyou Morgan." She said and stood up.

"Of course, and Emily?"

"Yeah?"

"You and JJ will make wonderful parents. You're family is going to be beautiful." He smiled. Emily's heart went soft and she felt tears threaten her eyes. She smiled wide.

"That means so much coming from you Morgan. Thankyou." And with that she walked back to her soon-to-be wife.

The plane was set to be landing soon and JJ was playing a game of cards with Emily and Spencer. She had just won whem Hotch approached and sat down.

"Guys?" He looked at the other two agents and they looked at eachother before realizing he wanted them to leave. Before she left though Emily gave JJ a look of reassurance. She knew JJ never enjoyed being called out for anything by Hotch.

"What is it Hotch?" She asked

"I just wanted to ask you if you were cleared for feild duty."

"No sir. I'm sorry I know you need everyone at their best."

"JJ you know I just want you to get better. You were injured in the line of duty. You were trying to save lives."

"Trying being the key word." She scoffed. Hotch gave her an empathetic look.

"That wasn't a failure on you JJ. You had no way of knowing what was going to happen. None of us did."

"I should've realized he wouldn't have gone away without causing more destruction." She countered. "The profile was right there in front of me."

"JJ all we can ever do is our best. And you did your very best. I truly believe that and you need to aswell. As for you not being cleared we have lots of work to do from the police station. Don't worry, I'll keep you busy." He smiled, earning one from her as well.