Chapter 1

You may notice the fact that I made yet another autistic reader story. Well there are two reasons, one is that there is literally no avatar story about an autistic reader and two, I wanna experiment with autistic characters. I wanna try to make this character realistically autistic and not make autism a super power.

This reader will have some characteristics of autism but will be still pretty normal compared to my invader Zim story (check that out if you want to).

Also, there might be some offensive shit when it comes to the reader's autism due to the fact that this takes place in a fantasy ancient China and nobody really knew how to deal with disabled people back then and autism wasn't really discovered way back then, soooooo people will think of the reader as stupid, childish or both.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It all began with that blue light in the sky. To you, that light was a little too bright but pretty, but to your friend, Zuko, that was his beacon, his key to finally returning to the fire nation.

You held your hand up, shielding you from the light as you squinted at Zuko, who stood at the edge of the ship.

"Zuko... it's really bright..."
"I know. It's the avatar." Zuko said with determination.

"Avatar is a bright light? I thought he was an airbender..."

Uncle Iroh walked up beside you, patting his hand on your head before he took his hand away.

"How do you know that's not the northern lights, Zuko?" He said.

"What northern lights look like that, uncle!?" Zuko yelled suddenly.

"The Avatar has disappeared 100 years ago, there is no-"
"Enough!" Zuko interrupted before yelling to his men to set sail towards the light.

"Uncle Iroh... what if he's right?" You whispered to him, blinking away the spots in your eyes left from the light.

"We'll just have to see, (y/n)." He smiled at you before crossing his arms behind his back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You jumped at the sound of breaking icebergs and shouting outside, hopping out of bed and slightly jogging to get dressed, forgetting your shoes.

When you opened the door to the hallway, you couldn't help but notice the fact that you couldn't hear anything. No one was walking down the halls and that had you concerned, making you run towards a certain destination.

It wasn't long before you found an opening out of the ship, finding Zuko fighting another guy with war paint on his face. Well, it wasn't really a fight. Zuko just poked him in the head with the dull end of a spear. Just as he was about to strike the boy again, a weapon appeared out of nowhere and hit him in the back of the head, further pissing him off.

You winced at this, knowing he was about to burn that poor boy up before a boy on a penguin slid under him, knocking him off his feet. The kids cheered the boy on as he slid by them, halting their cheers with a wave of snow before cheering once more. He was shoved off the poor penguin before he blew snow onto the prince, who was now back on his two feet. You gasped at this, feeling a rush of shock and excitement crawl up your spine.

"...airbending...!" You breathed out, nearly wheezing due to the sheer adrenaline rushing through you.

"You looking for me?" The boy said, placing the end of his staff onto the ground.

Zuko melted the snow a bit before speaking.

"You're the avatar...?"

You watched as the two began to circle each other, speaking jabs at each other before one struck first, thus beginning the fight. Zuko nearly burned the villagers behind the avatar while the avatar tried to airbend the fire away.