The Jaegers

"Oh my gosh! I couldn't believe it! I mean I still can't. They looked like Calvin Klein models except with more clothing on." Mary said excitedly as she sat next to me.

Mary is my best friend since forever.

~*~

Our friendship started one day when we were six years old. I was playing in my backyard that had a long fence with wide spacing separating us from our neighbors. The spacing was wide enough that you could see into the neighbors backyard without pressing your face up to the fence. So as I was sitting there playing with my Barbie dolls and a big Barbie house Mary sits on the other side of the fence with her Bratz dolls and her Bratz house. I watched her play for a while. Then she turned to look at me and the Barbie dolls in my hand and she said " Barbie dolls are lame. Bratz are WAY better. They're really pretty."
"Not they're not! They have heads bigger than their bodies. And my house is way bigger than yours!" I said sticking out my tongue at her. After that we broke out yelling at each other until our parents came out and took us into the house. The next day our parents set up a play date and first we started out rough but by the end we became best friends and we have been inseparable ever since.

~*~

I let out a giggle " No wonder everyone's talking about them. Do you know their names?"

"Duh!", she exclaimed and clapped her hands excitedly, " Ok. So one guys name is Nicholas and the other guys name is Derek. They're step brothers. Rumor has it that Nicholas is really nice and sweet but his brother is exactly the opposites, he's Mr. Bad boy." she finished pleased with herself and all the information she had given me.

"Where did u hear all this from anyways?" I asked a bit surprised that she had gathered quit a bit information in such a short amount of time. I mean the new kids had only been in school for about an hour.

Usually new kids wouldn't cause so much excitement in all of Mckenzie High School but these two new guys were.

" I have my connections." she said wiggling her eyebrows mischievously at me.

I let out a laugh as Mr. Mann walked into the class room.

"Settle down class!" Mr. Mann yelled as he walked over to his desk.

Mr. Mann is my physics teacher and although he is nice his class seems to just go on and on.

"But the bell hasn't even rung yet!" Thomas , a guy that sits in the back of the classroom, yelled back.

"That doesn't matter. The bell doesn't say when the class starts. I do. Just like I say when class is dismissed. So the faster you settle down the faster we can get started." Mr. Mann replied as he set down his bag on the floor.

Everyone groaned in protest but made their way to their seats including Mary.

She used to sit next to me until Mr. Mann moved her to the seat behind me because we talked too much. So now she sits in the last table at the back
of the class next to Daniel a really sweet and shy guy.

"Okay, so today we are going to learn about free fall. I know you are all very excited-"

"DOUBT IT!!" Someone yelled from the other side of the class room which earned giggles throughout the classroom.

" Thank you Thomas for your opinion but I didn't ask for it. Like I was saying, I you're all very excited fo-" before Mr. Mann could continue there was a knock on the door.

"Oh for God's sake! Cant a teacher teach without being interrupted. " He whispered angrily but walked to open the door.

He stood in front of the door blocking our view of the person on the other side . They spoke quietly for a while before shaking hands with that persons. I thought he was going to close the door but instead he opened it wider to allow two students to walk through the threshold and into the room.

My first thought was that Mary was right. These guys looked like they walked right out of a Calvin Klein photo shoot. Both had well defined muscles and I mean WELL defined. They weren't so defined that it was scary but enough to be a bit intimidating. Their facial features were sharp and defined as well. They wore thin v- neck shirts. although one wore it with a red checkered scarf that was styled fashionably and a bit more dressed up while the other just paired it with black jeans and white and black converse.

The class immediately started whispering to each other as soon as the two boys stepped foot in the room.

"Psst Elodie!!" Mary whispered not so quietly.

I turned around to face her and saw her face light up with excitement.

"Oh my Gosh! That's them! That's Nicholas and Derek ! " She whispered not so quietly again.

"I kind of realized that." I said with a laugh.

"Ahh. I can't believe their going to be in our class. Look." she said a bit more quietly than before.

I watched Mr. Mann and the two boys walk to the front of the classroom. The room instantly became quiet as we watched the two boys with curious eyes.

"Ok class. It seems we have two new students joining us. Please welcome Nicholas and Derek Jaeger and make sure to treat them with respect. " Mr. Mann said politely.

"Go ahead and take a seat in any of the empty desks." he said walking around to his desk to start class.

Nicholas had Auburn hair, fair skin, soft green eyes, and seemed to be about 5' 7".Derek had dark midnight hair, pale skin, piercing icy blue eyes, and was about 5' 9".

Everyone watched intently as Nicholas walked to the first table and sat with a quiet girl.

Derek on the other hand walked all the way towards the back of the room searching for an empty table. When he realized that there was no empty table his eyes landed on me and the empty chair next to me.

I watched him as he made his way to the back of the classroom and pulled out the chair next to mine and sat on it.

Not wanting to have awkward silence or be rude I shyly said, " Hi."

He looked at me with amusement clear in his eyes and said " Hello Cupcake." Then he broke out into a crooked smile and winked at me when my eyes widened at his reply.

So much for awkward silence.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Hey guys! So what did you think about the first chapter??

It was just an intro for some of the main characters but I hoped you liked it.

I promise it will get better though.

So please keep on reading and please

Comment/ Vote :*