Hopes Peak

(Read description for information about the AU)

Naegi stared at the letter in disbelief. He actually got invited. It was just pure luck, they clearly stated that in the letter... But he still smiled. Anyone who graduated from Hopes Peak was guaranteed success.

He was sure he wouldn't fit in, but he would try his best. He would be able to make at least one friend..

~•~

He gawked at how big the school was. He stepped towards the doors, hesitantly going in. The inside was even more amazing. He walked around, admiring the beautiful school.

~•~

He rushed into the gym, knowing he would probably be late. When he walked in, everyone looked at him, and he looked down at the floor. Everyone quickly went back to what they were doing, besides one girl, who began walking towards Naegi.

He recognized her, Sayaka Maizono! She was his old friend, and she greeted him enthusiastically. She was the ultimate pop star. He smiled, talking to her for a little.

Another girl came over, introducing herself as Aoi Asahina. She introduced her rather intimidating looking but sweet friend, Sakura Oogami.

He looked around, spotting some other people. Asahina told him about some of them, Kiyotaka Ishimaru, Mondo Owada, Leon Kuwata, Toko Fukawa, Kyoko Kirigiri, Celestia Ludenberg, Chihiro Fujisaki, and Byakuya Togami. Togami had something different about him that made Naegi more interested in them.

"Sorry! Those are the only people I know!" Asahina said, smiling.

"It's alright! That's already a lot of people to know!" He smiled back at her.

~•~

Fukawa was standing close to Togami, who was obviously annoyed of her. Naegi couldn't stop staring at the blonde, he didn't know why. Togami caught him staring, and glared at him, forcing him to look away with a light blush.

~•~

The principal informed them they would be sharing dorms. Naegi thought a school this big would give kids separate rooms, but he didn't mind sharing with anyone. He knew that would just help him make more friends.

He announced the pairs, and, to his disappointment, he wasn't sharing with Togami. He didn't know why he was disappointed, but he got paired with Ishimaru. He didn't mind. He seemed really nice.

"Hello! You are Naegi, correct?" The male he believe was Ishimaru asked.

"Yes! Are you Ishimaru?" Naegi smiled at him, hoping he got it right.

He received a nod. "I look forward to sharing a room with you, Naegi." He walked off. Yeah, he seemed nice.

He walked out of the gym with a smile. He felt this would be better than he thought.

"Leave me alone, Fukawa." He heard a voice, and he looked toward the direction it was coming from. Fukawa was peering around the corner with a blush on her face, staring at Togami. She quickly ran away, and Togami walked toward the direction of the dorms.

Naegi decided to try to talk to him. "Hello! I'm Makoto Naegi, you're Togami, right?" He smiled at him.

Togami rolled his eyes. "I don't have interest in talking with a commoner like you." He pushed past Naegi, and Naegi froze.

His whole world lit up, and he watched Togami leave. He had heard about this, he was sure this happened to him too... How could he act like nothing happened?

He started walking toward his dorm, thinking and muttering the whole way. He walked into his dorm, not seeing Ishimaru, and laying on his bed.

He kept thinking about what happened, smiling a little.

~•~

Ishimaru walked back into the dorm, and noticed Naegi asleep, so he decided to go to sleep as well.

This is my first time writing Danganronpa, let me know if you want any plots or improvements, thanks.