Northern - McDavid (EDM | 97)

"Babe," a deep, gravely voice mumbles from beside me. 

"Hmm," I grumble back, swatting at the owner of the breath that fans across my ear. "I'm tired, I wanna sleep. Lemme alone."

"But I wanted to tell you I love you, wifey."

"Tell me in the morning."

"Suit yourself."

••••••••••

I snuggle into the comforting warmth of the body next to me. Pulling the sheets tighter around the both of us, I revel in Connor's scent. It's such a soothing smell — a masculine fresh pine but also a hint of cottony softness to it. I stretch my arms out, wrapping them across Connor's bare torso, my fingers absently drawing patterns across the indentation of his abdominal muscles. My head rests on his chest, the calming thumpthump of his heart like music to lull me back into sleep. As I'm about to fall back asleep, I feel him press a light kiss to the top of my head, lovingly stroking my shoulder. 

"Are you awake, wifey?"

"Barely."

"I don't think I'm ever going to get sick of calling you that," he murmurs against my hair, "wifey." 

"Really? That's ironic. Because I'm already sick of calling you hubby," I joke, playfully swatting at Connor. He rolls his eyes at me.

"Of course you are," he chuckles softly, planting a kiss to my lips. "I love you wifey."

•••••••••••

"What's your favorite constellation?" Connor asks me, as we walk along the private beaches of the Maldives. We're just back from dinner, and I suggested taking a romantic moonlit walk on the beach. Connor happily obliged. 

"Hmm.." I consider his question, pressing into his warm body as we walk along, our arms wrapped around each other, "I'm not sure."

"Mine is Corona Borealis." 

"That's oddly specific," I chuckle softly, feeling Connor come to a halt beside me. I stop as well, mainly just so I stay in his nice warm arms.

"Do you wanna know why?" Connor smiles down at me, his eyes glinting with playfulness. 

"Sure. Humor me." 

"Corona Borealis means the Northern Crown. You know Dionysus, the Greek god of like partying, having fun, and wine and stuff? Well he met this woman one day, Ariadne. He saw her crying and she was upset because her past lover had left her. When Dionysus saw her, he fell in love with me at first sight. He had to have her. So they eventually got married, and she wore the Northern Crown at the ceremony. Afterwards, she threw it into the sky and they say the jewels became the stars." 

The more Connor explains the story to me, the heavier my heart starts to feel. This is all hitting a little too close to home. Northern crown? Being upset over the loss of a past lover? Love at first sight?

"It reminds me of us," Connor says quietly, gazing into my eyes. 

"To say the least," I grunt, trying to remain upbeat even though I'm feeling heavy from what Connor just said. 

"You were Ariadne," he continues lowly, "and I fell in love with you at first sight." 

"You sure are getting pretty sappy for a gruff hockey player," I joke, though it doesn't reach my eyes. I try to step away, but Connor grabs me by my arms and holds me in place before I can think of running again. 

"I know all of this is hard for you," Connor tells me softly, "I know you've been through a lot and it's hard to open up to people, even to me. But we're married now. We made a promise to always be there for each other, for you to be only mine and me to be only yours."

"I know, I know," I admit quietly, not meeting his eyes, "it's just.. losing Jacob was a lot, you know? He was my first love, my first passion. And when he killed himself.. I just... i was heartbroken. You know that. You know how much it hurt me. I felt like it was my fault for not being there for him, like I should have done something more. I didn't finally feel happy again until we were together. Until you swept me off my feet. Until I saw you for the first time, I didn't know if love was possible again." 

Connor lifts my chin up with his finger, forcing my eyes to meet his. He slowly leans in towards me, his hands slipping to grip my waist. I tilt my head to the side, giving him better access as my eyes flutter shut. his lips barely graze mine in the most tender way, and my hands travel up his chest to ball his button-down in my fists. I can feel the soft, breathy exhales of his breath against my lips, our mouths just barely making contact. Soon, I press my mouth completely on his, capturing his taste and lips. 

"I love you," I mutter quietly against his lips after we both pull away. He rests his forehead against mine, his eyes still shut. 

"I love you more," he replies, nuzzling his face affectionately against mine. 

"Not possible."

"Nothing's impossible."

"Fine, be a smart ass," I smile at him, and stick my tongue out playfully before pulling away. "You think the water's really cold at night?"

"Nah. In fact. I bet it's actually really warm," Connor says, eyeing me suspiciously, "why? What are you thinking?"

"Cmon," I grin, grabbing his hand and tugging him closer to the water's edge. Once we're standing in the about an inch of water, I start undoing his shirt.

"What are you doing?" He chuckles softly, watching me.

"Oh, nothing," I bat my eyelashes innocently, finally undoing all the buttons in his shirt and slipping it off his shoulders. I ball it up and thrown it into the sand where the waves won't reach it. I trace every indentation of his muscles, from his deltoid to his abs, before playfully messing with his belt buckle. 

Connor growls lowly into my ear, when my fingers accidentally grace against his inner thigh. The sound sends an excited shiver down my spine. 

"Are we doing what I think we're doing?" Connor asks. I can practically hear the smirk on his face as he slowly tugs on the straps of my sundress with his teeth, his heated breaths beating against my shoulder. 

"What do you think we're doing?" I ask playfully, as we continue to undress each other. 

"I think... we're skinny dipping in the Maldives."

"Then you'd be correct," I smirk, taking the last of our clothes and throwing them in a pile on the sand. 

"Connor!" I laugh, surprised as he picks me up bridal style. I press my naked body into his, cravings the warmth from his chest against the beachy night breeze. 

"Shh," he laughs, wading into the water with me in his arms. He carries me in until we're about chest-deep, where he finally sets me down. Not before pressing a needy kiss to my swollen lips, however. I claw at his shoulders, trying to keep us both as close as possible.

"Connor," I gasp, as his fingers dance across my body, exploring every inch of something he knows so well. A breathy moan escapes my lips as he finds a particularly sensitive spot near a very swollen bundle of nerves near my pelvis, but he silences me with his mouth. 

"Wifey," he breathes against my lips, "just let me own you." 

••••••••

A/N:

This one kind of went in a direction I didn't intend on taking it, but it just kind of happened so oh well ;) I was thinking about extending it and going into some more details since I don't generally write imagines quite this, hmm, smutty? Soft core smut. But I decided I'd just let you guys sort of pick your own ending to this one instead of letting my very hormonal mind finish it haha cx 

Hope you enjoyed. Don't forget to vote, comment and request ! ❤️🧡💛