eight

Y/n) frowned apon the upcoming day, not because she was uninterested in the events that might follow, but because of her sneering shadow. Wherever they might be. Because, all knew that she would be teased by it for any reason it deemed worthy. She stared at the ceiling that was painted a dull red by the curtains containing the burning brightness of the city, at any time it might be. (Y/n) assumed that this dullness resulted in the rooms lack of heat, which was probably only coming from the form next to her.

    How he ended up resting next to her was very unclear. She had only realized he was there minutes after she had woken up from a nightmare, in which stained her eyelids. And, for all she might know, it could be mid day or an hour after she had fallen asleep, but time didn't matter in hell... Did it? She'd probably spend the rest of her eternity here.

    His gentle snores filled her ears and wrapped around her buzzing ear drums like sleepy honeybees. He was extremely warm, not to her surprise, and his warmth and smell of pine and fire lured her sleepy soul to him. It was very tempting to a fuzzy-brain to just coil close to something and fall back into sleep. Of course, it won over drowsiness, and with that, she sidled her back a bit closer to his.

    Her eyes fluttered for a moment, though she knew she shouldn't sleep anytime soon. She gulped down the stone in her throat and took in the fact that she enjoyed this. Though, she still blamed it on magic instead of the fault of her own mind. No- she didn't exactly see this as a romantic encounter- and no- she really couldn't explain how she saw this event. Nevertheless she didn't care as long as she was enjoying the company. But when he rolled over, and they were quite literally spooning- (y/n) was indeed settled on the fact that she'd burn her shadow on the stake before they even spoke a word.

    And when morning time came, she was ready to open the curtains if her shadow opened its mouth. Alastor had jumped off the bed in excitement she had yet to see, straightening his tie and flattening his ruffled dress shirt. (Y/n) was seated by the curtains, where she had moved the velvet cushioned chair over to. He blinked, but kept the smile on his face, and didn't question why she was holding the curtain in such a stance until the shadow had popped up from under the bed.

    "(Y/n) cud-"

    "Don't you dare!" (Y/n) said slowly to the shadow that squinted at her before giggling, sliding back under the bed. Good, problem solved.

    "I apologize for intruding on your personal space last night, I truly don't know what got into me!" Alastor rocked back and forth on his feet, his energetic voice still full of guilt. Sometimes she found it a bit hard to understand how he might be feeling, and if it was genuine or not. It was still a bit hard for her even when she had the eye for reading people. "Why, thats the best sleep I've gotten in decades, though!"

    (Y/n) wanted to agree, but she couldn't make an educated conclusion based on the lack of sleep she had gotten. She ran a had through her (h/c) hair and yawned, nodding slowly. She got to her feet, and began her morning routine.

ʚ♡ɞ

    (Y/n) observed Nifty cleaning, though it was hard to catch her form in one solid position. She was constantly animated, unlike Husk who picked his, long, claw like nails, at the reception desk. She had been sweeping up the waiting room, for some reason she couldn't explain (due to the fact that Nifty had already cleaned everything thrice-). Charlie had opted to help (y/n) in cleaning up the one corner of the lobby, chirping about who their first patient of the day might be. Only a few people had come, one catching her eye, said person looking a bit weird with their long neck.

    By lunch time, she was a bit dejected. See, though she wasn't a person for interaction, she did enjoy seeing and learning about new people. Quite odd, yes, but it worked. None of the few new-comers had even made her look again, until she heard the door slowly open, and a tiny squeak. (Y/n) sat up from where she was slouched in the armchair behind the counter, because she had taken over Husk's shift.

    Since the beginning of the day, everyone had come out from wherever they had been hiding to meet the new residents, and Charlie had scrambled out of a closet she had buried herself in at the bar. Dragging Vaggie along with her, she began introducing herself to the very tiny demon at the door. They were about the height of Charlie, their tufts atop their head just reaching the top of Charlie's head.

    (Y/n) leaned forward on the counter to observe Charlie freaking out over the new guest. Vaggie rolled her eyes, but introduced herself with force sincerity. "(Y/n)!! Come meet the new patient!" Charlie waved over and (y/n)'s (e/c) eyes meet the pair of, big, green ones. (Y/n) made her way over.

    "This is Misty!" Charlie shoved the tiny lady in a pink baseball jacket to (y/n). Misty looked up, squinted, chewed her lip.

    "Hi..?"

    "Hey, " (y/n) replied, she felt awkward, and delighted to know they were as shy as her. They were literally a tiny deer- wait- deer. Deer demon.

    "Oooh! So your his kid! Wait- which one'a ya guys is his kid?!" Angel exclaimed, looking stressed out as he observed the two of them. "I mean! Come on- who is it-"

    "We aren't his kids Angel." (Y/n) snorted, brushing Angel's, hot-pink, gloved, hand off of her shoulder.

    "Uhh- who's kids?" Misty's face contorted with confusion. She seemed really dissociated, much like an old friend of (y/n)'s. She held her index finger to her mouth, ensuring Misty didn't dig herself some kind of hole. Misty made a zipping motion and nodded her head slowly.

    "Oh my lord! Why are you all girls?!" Nifty, yet again, didn't acknowledge Angel's presence. Nifty squinted up at (y/n), who shrugged. And then the sinister presence arrived and Angel pointed over his shoulder.

    "That guys kid, " and Misty's eyes went wide, and she pulled her jacket over her little fluffy tail, and covered her deer ears (her little stubs for horns were already covered by her hair). She slowly backed away, getting closer to the door as she glared at Alastor.

    "Call me his kid again and (y/n) and I will delete your kneecaps-" (y/n) blinked, but grinned, she liked she change of humor, it was very clearly from the 2000's. Angel made a shocked face, though it was clearly just mockery. Honestly, though (y/n) was being dragged into this dispute between the little demon and spider, she would appreciate the destruction of Angel.

    "Ahh! No, no, no, no- if you two want to be rehabilitated then you guys gotta watch what your doing!" Charlie exclaimed, putting distance between Angel and Misty. Misty rolled her eyes, but grinned, winking at (y/n).

    "(Y/n), who's this, might I ask?" Alastor leaned over her shoulder. "Is it a new patient?" She nodded.

    "I don't think she likes you..."

    "Ah, thats alright, she'll warm up in all due time." Alastor grabbed (y/n)'s shoulder and excitedly said, "until then, I've got you, dear friend!"

    Those words seemed just a genuine as his apology this morning. (Y/n) was caught in a daze as everyone went off to do their own thing. Friend was good enough, wasn't it? After all, she had only known him for a few days... She perked up, and hollered his name, following after him as he went into the kitchen.